Barley Crusher O-ring broke on first use

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is supposed to break. It is just there to make sure the second roller turns when they ship it out. It will turn when there is grain in there.

I'd venture a guess that someone of low moral fiber could make a few bucks selling replacement o-rings for the Barley Crusher :D

I'd venture a guess that someone of low moral fiber could make a few bucks selling replacement o-rings for the Barley Crusher :D

Not me, I would not charge for them at all.

Include $6.99 for shipping and handling however!

My o-ring went the first batch when I hooked up the drill.

I cut the o-ring off before using for the first time. It doesn't serve any purpose to the end user and is used by the factory to make sure both rollers turn freely.

Just clip it off with a pair of nippers or nail clippers and be done with it.

This may be a stupid question, but where is the O-ring? I just received a BC and have yet to use it. The "manual" says to oil it occasionally, but I'm not sure I could find it.

The o-ring comes wrapped around either the drive or the non-drive roller. I forget, it's been a while since mine had it on.

you do not oil the o-ring. you oil the roller 'bushings'.

the o-ring is really just for shipping and serves no real purpose. mine finally broke on this last brew and freaked the wife out. she thought there was a worm in the milled grain!

Back