Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that would be a cool idea too:)

Perhaps there are people lurking about (as there always is) that we can set up arrangments with them. Not sure, is there any thoughts on how to find people?

david_42 said:
I did last year at the local pizza place. Had a good time.

A pizza place? I am apaprently limiting this function too much... thought you did this at home (sure its one possibility... obviously there are more).

What did you do? Now your giving me all these ideas :ban:

Awesome! I've been touting homebrewing to a Canadian guy and a Korean guy that I work with...both are kind of interested on getting in on the hobby, and I was thinking about having them over for some homebrews and a "brew day" to introduce them to beer making as a hobby.

Looks like November 4th is the day! Let's just hope I can get my hands on some ingredients by then...

I gave a bottle to a guy at work who drinks only BMC. The next day he came in and had a big grin on his face. He split it with a friend and they both loved it. I gave him three more on the following day just to fuel the fire.

He then offered to buy some off of me. I came up with a better idea though. I told him to save up bottles (telling him what was appropriate) and that I'll show him how to brew when he has enough. He was all over the idea.

I wonder if he'll have his bottles ready by Nov 4th. :D

So what are your plans? I am hosting a brewing event at a Nursing Home! I almost lost the whole thing as the person in charge thought that there would be alcohol and all... when I told him that there will be no alcohol in it for days and that I'm taking the bucket when I leave, things went fine.

So what are your plans for the day?

My LHBS is having a big party -- supposed to be a group bringing out their 50 gal all grain setup :eek: .
I know ill be there all day (my habit has gotten so bad I had to get a job there :rockin: ) I dont know if we are allowed to post the name of places here -- so unless im told otherwise ;)

Beer Snob said:
November 4th is the day for Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day. Never done it before.

Here is a website for it....

http://www.beertown.org/events/teach/

Has anyone done this before?
Every time there is something like that for home brewing I have to work. :(
I've got 3 guys at work that want to get into home brewing. That would have been a perfect day.

Teach a Friend to Brew Day is a bit of a misnomer as it takes usually three days to brew, separated by a couple weeks. You'd have to have your friend over to brew, then come back over to transfer to the secondary, and then return again for bottling. If you're teaching someone, you want to teach them the right way, don't you?

Not trying to kill the fun. In fact, I think it is a good idea, but why not just make it all the time? "Oh, you like homebrew and want to learn? Well, sorry, you'll have to wait until Nov. 4th."

:D

desiderata said:
Teach a Friend to Brew Day is a bit of a misnomer as it takes usually three days to brew, separated by a couple weeks. You'd have to have your friend over to brew, then come back over to transfer to the secondary, and then return again for bottling. If you're teaching someone, you want to teach them the right way, don't you?...

Patrick: I can see your point about the different steps we have to take, brewing, racking, racking, bottling, etc, but if you planned ahead...hmmm....:confused:

I bottled a batch last night, but that has no bearing on my plan below...:drunk:

Here's my plan for TAFTBD:

1. I have a Kolsh-style Ale in the primary right now that I am planning on racking today.

2. I made a wheat starter yesterday that went off like gangbusters last night.

3. I will be brewing a HW today (surprise!).

4. I'll make another starter on Thurs.

5. On Sat I'll brew another batch (not sure of style yet) ... rack today's HW to the secondary ... and bottle the Kolsch-style ... all the steps in 1 day ! ! !

It just takes some planning ... ;)

(Don't you wish you were going to be here instead of the field?)

...and don't forget to relax and have a homebrew...:mug:

give a friend beer and he is drunk for a day ... teach a friend to brew beer and he is drunk for a lifetime ...

Back