Beer for the wife......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoutFan

Reaction score
The only brews I have found that my wife likes are Leinie's BerryWeis and Grimbergen's Double. I was wondering if anyone had some good ideas on a Grimbergen clone or something else she might like?

I made a Magic Hat #9 clone and that was a hit with the ladies. Basically an Apricot Ale. I used the recipe from the North American Clone book. Came out really nice actually. It's not too fruity but a wee bit girly:cross:

My wife isn't a huge beer fan, but she knows I try to please her. Every time I try a different beer I offer a bit to her to see what she thinks. Using that info I made a beer she likes, my Summer Crush Wheat Ale. Calculating your projected bitterness ratio goes a long way towards pleasing the ladies, most like it on the sweeter side.

On my profile I'll soon be posting the recipe for the Belgian Blonde I just brewed back in january. It was a pretty big winner with the ladies at a recent party, and besides that my SWMBO finished up almost half the batch of it herself over the last month. She says it's her favorite thing I've brewed.

So... That'll be there if you're into it... :cool:

Well thank you very much everyone. I'll have to look into that Belgian Blonde and try to malt it up a bit for the wife. I love my hops, but I still like to have something for her. Thanks again.

I made an AHS Blue Moon Begium White (clone) my wife likes (and she is not a beer drinker!).

A "big" beer to my wife used to be an Amber Bock, though she'd enjoy an amber or a red at the local micro. Over the last year or so, I began pushing a few sips of the Hop Devil on her each time I opened a bottle... she went from calling it skunk piss to heaven in a bottle. She's quite the hop lover now, and even made me buy a sixer of Hop Whollap when it came into season.

Darn, I thought from the thread title you were trying to set up some kind of trade..............

Darn, I thought from the thread title you were trying to set up some kind of trade..............

LOL...I've found my wife primarily likes sweeter lagers...Marzens and such. She is digging the light rye ale, and loves Spotted Cow. I've cone to accept though, that she has a pretty narrow taste-but that's alright, and I try to make stuff that is palatable for her...but if not-more for me.

I did an Abita Purple Haze (raspberry wheat) clone from Austin Homebrew for my wife. She really digs that.

Back