One Beer for Life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many great brews out there that it's hard to choose. Even if it was 4 (one per season) it'd be a bit easier. But I guess the one that I know I could drink any time regardless of the context:

DSC_2352.jpg

Or should hops from too much Nugget Nectar eat away my taste buds, I think I'd have to go with Voodoo Cowbell on nitro. Since I can't find a pic anywhere on the net, this will have to do

cowbell.jpg

Kosch - good call on the Dead Guy Ale. Interesting...here in San Jose, CA I only see the bottles with the painted on labels, not the actual label like your pic.

I'm surprised it took so long for somebody to call out Pliny given it's popularity among hopheads.

For me, I'm on the fence between two but I'm going with: Firestone Walker's Double Barrel Ale
firestone_double_barrel_ale.jpg

Can't believe I'm the first with this one. Got to say Bell's Two Hearted. Such a good all around beer. Great for all seasons, IMO.

Good call on Dead Guy. That was a close runner up.

Bells-Two-Hearted.jpeg

11576.jpg

As good of an "everyday drinker" as I've ever had. I think I'd burn out on nothing but IPA all the time; I'd rather have something clean and balanced with just enough hop character.

If I need more hops, I'll drink another one!

Agreed!

I really enjoy Victory's Prima Pils, too. Awesome when fresh. I could do with that.

Have really been enjoying SN Ruthless Rye lately. An addictive and refreshing flavor in a market of cloned beers. I remember Stones Cali-Belgique also leaving an impression with me, but I havent been able to find it again to be sure.

the_bird said:
As good of an "everyday drinker" as I've ever had. I think I'd burn out on nothing but IPA all the time; I'd rather have something clean and balanced with just enough hop character.

If I need more hops, I'll drink another one!

Yes!!! I was scrolling through quickly assuming that I'd find dales rather quickly on this post, but page 3?!?? Wow. Absolutely, unequivocally Dales Pale Ale. Cheers!!

I would definitely pick Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale! Especially if it was free, it would totally be worth just drinking that.
Kentuky_Bourbon_Ale_Tahona_Grille.jpg

Three Floyd's Arctic Panzer Wolf

Arctic_Panzer_Wolf.jpg

Though, realistically, I wouldn't be able to drink an imperial IPA all the time...so I guess my practical answer is Bell's Two Hearted or Stillwater Cellar Door.

I love Irish dry stout. Prolly a Murphy's. Stone IPA is one of my favorites also... Decisions decisions

Honestly, I can't get enough of this beer right now! So tasty and well-balanced! Gives me plenty of hops to satisfy that part of my craving, and also a nice sweet malt character. Highly palatable! Yeah, I could drink Lagunitas Imperial Red for the rest of my life. :)

Imperial Red.jpg

thedavid said:
Honestly, I can't get enough of this beer right now! So tasty and well-balanced! Gives me plenty of hops to satisfy that part of my craving, and also a nice sweet malt character. Highly palatable! Yeah, I could drink Lagunitas Imperial Red for the rest of my life. :)

Love langunitas. The little sumthin sumthin brew is amazing

Who's gonna ship me a 6er of Heady Topper?! I need to try this beer . . .

For me, it's a fight between Duvel, LaChouffe and Negra Modelo. Duvel probably wins.

Back