Outer Banks Home Brewers seeking clubs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charronstout

Reaction score
I am looking for home brewers who live on or near the Outer Banks of N.C..
The Full Moon Cafe And Brewery would like to perhaps sponsor some brew competitions and or meetings of local brewers. Please contact me with any Ideas you may have at [email protected]

Well, I am not from the area, but am a home brewer that vacations in the Outer Banks. My family is coming to Nags Head in July, and will be sure to visit! I was dissapointed when Weeping Radish moved out of Manteo. Once I cross the WBM bridge, I don't want to go back across until we leave at the end of the week. If it is okay, I will bring some home brew to share. Are you there most days during the day?

Well, I am not from the area, but am a home brewer that vacations in the Outer Banks. My family is coming to Nags Head in July, and will be sure to visit! I was dissapointed when Weeping Radish moved out of Manteo. Once I cross the WBM bridge, I don't want to go back across until we leave at the end of the week. If it is okay, I will bring some home brew to share. Are you there most days during the day?

I am there most of the time. I would love to trade taste with ya. If I happen to be out ask some one to call me I am minutes away .

Charron, I have tried in the past to get something together for us home-brewers in NE NC. I know of at least 5 Home-brewers in my immediate area...and would be more than happy to do some brew swaps with you. What styles do you prefer? :mug:

I think its a great idea. I live in KDH, I actually bought a couple used kegs from you sometime last year. A buddy of mine in manteo got into the hobby this winter, we are looking to try to do some all grain also this summer.

What I could really use is an opinion on some of my brews. I have done a bunch since last fall, and I am not impressed with any of them. The ones I did in the summer were great, but there seems to be an off-flavor that I cannot pin. Each brew I have tried something different to fixed and its still there. I am wondering if the gas I get up at Reds is not food grade for the kegs, I just dont know.

Anyhow there are two of us who are definitely in!

Sean

I think its a great idea. I live in KDH, I actually bought a couple used kegs from you sometime last year. A buddy of mine in manteo got into the hobby this winter, we are looking to try to do some all grain also this summer.

What I could really use is an opinion on some of my brews. I have done a bunch since last fall, and I am not impressed with any of them. The ones I did in the summer were great, but there seems to be an off-flavor that I cannot pin. Each brew I have tried something different to fixed and its still there. I am wondering if the gas I get up at Reds is not food grade for the kegs, I just dont know.

Anyhow there are two of us who are definitely in!

Sean

I just kicked my last keg last night and am behind on the pipeline. Gonna do a SMASH (MO/Simcoe) in the morning. I have been doing all grain for almost a year now. If you want some feed back and swap a few beers shoot me a PM:mug:

Let me know when you set something up. I'm in Colington and I've been brewing an making wine for a few years. I've enjoyed everything I've made except a few I brewed that fermented a little hot. The swamp cooler trick didn't quite cut it last summer.

I live and work in Elizabeth City NC, one of my coworkers approached me about setting up a home brew competition . The competition would be held at a local club that is set up for active and retired members of the US coast guard and Navy. There are a bunch of home brewers at the Elizabeth city USCG base, both active duty, retired and contractors, such as myself, some of us have teamed up for brewing with some good success.

This club is basically a private bar that is a Not for a profit organization, it features a pay bar and a large ball room that is rented out and or used for events that can help support local charity's, so far we have discussed basic regulations that has entrants submitting home brew.

Anyone interested?

PM me for questions and or comments

Thanks,
Corey

Back