Should I or Shouldn't I?- Okra Mead Debacle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I try it?

• Go for it! Tell me how it goes!

• Seriously? The fact that you ask makes me think you are mentally ill.

• Dammit I clicked on another CreamyGoodness thread! ~Chapp

Results are only viewable after voting.
CreamyGoodness said:
I still want to try an asparagus pilsner. Any of you who can lager please send some my way for a taste test.

Oh, the horror! I don't know what would be more motivation to not drink it. The flavor of the beer or the smell of the resulting urination.

CreamyGoodness said:
But... but... asparagus is delicious!

Yes, asparagus is delicious. But I don't eat it often. Not quite sure what it would do in beer. Maybe I'll do a 1 gallon batch of pilsner for you Creamy.
I guess it could always be used to cook with.

I wrote a joke response involving Natalie Portman, but deleted it. My discretion once again makes me better than you.

bottlebomber said:
Would you settle for an asparagus pissner?

Well, that's all I really planned on doing. Step one: eat a ton of asparagus. Step two: whiz in a few bottles through the course of the day. Step three: cap them and send them to Creamy. Step four: convince him to make a YouTube video of the tasting and post it here. Step five: post my own video in response. A video of how I made it.
;)

CreamyGoodness said:
Anyone sends me a bottle of whizz and Im seriously taking my ball and going home.

I would never do that. (Wink, wink)

WesleyS said:
Well, that's all I really planned on doing. Step one: eat a ton of asparagus. Step two: whiz in a few bottles through the course of the day. Step three: cap them and send them to Creamy. Step four: convince him to make a YouTube video of the tasting and post it here. Step five: post my own video in response. A video of how I made it.
;)

Don't forget to pitch a little yeast and some Coopers carb tablets ;)

bottlebomber said:
Don't forget to pitch a little yeast and some Coopers carb tablets ;)

Yes I suppose one wouldn't want uncarbed urine.

;)

Reminds me of the eclairs in Van Wilder.

My only update is that the remainder of the bottle looks and smells more horrible than ever. I cannot get myself to taste more. I keep threatening to throw it away, but cant get myself to do so. I think I have Stockholm Syndrome.

My asparagus 1-liter grenade is clear as a bell and ready to taste. Just need to get Lucas over some day when everyone isnt so busy. The 1-liter persimmon and cinnamon was actually really tasty, I give that one a Win rating. Not sure I would make a gallon of it, but was worth the effort and had pleasing results.

I am going to bring this thread back from the depths to propose to Creamy (since he has experience with slimy meads) an Aloe mead(or beer). Yep, I said it. Some people drink aloe, and it already is rather snotty like okra, so I am wondering if that experiment would yield similar or better results.

Back