Things that have been said in the name of making beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOP31

Reaction score
Just wondering what some of the lies, exaggerations and untruths that have been told to the SWMBO and SO's have been.

1. It didn't cost too much....
2. Just need to make one more batch and I'll be all set for a while.
3. I need to drink these four diferent beers tonite so I know what style I am going to make tomorow.

Or just things that have been said in the name of homebrewing in general. Feel free to post off topic and hijack as much as needed.

'I need to purchase these three six packs of [enter expensive micro brews] so I can have the bottles to use.'

"Ultimately, all this equipment will allow me to brew more beer for less money."

(I will likely never recover the overhead spent on AG equipment...and I don't care as long as she believes the white lie.)

Overheard in my living room:
"Honey, what is this $70 charge titled, More Beer?"
"Ingredients for my next brew."
"You said it would get cheaper, but your last brew was only $40."
"That was a 5 gallon batch. This one is 15 gallons, and I'll have leftover ingredients."
(sweet...she bought it...)

If I have all this beer at home, I'll go to the bar less often....

Which, when she asky why I'm not going to the bar less, leads to the follow up,

Well, I need to go to the bar because they just got (insert name) on tap and I want to see if it's worth brewing...

Yuri_Rage said:
Overheard in my living room:
"Honey, what is this $70 charge titled, More Beer?"
"Ingredients for my next brew."
"You said it would get cheaper, but your last brew was only $40."
"That was a 5 gallon batch. This one is 15 gallons, and I'll have leftover ingredients."
(sweet...she bought it...)

LOL!!!! That is the same conversation in my house!!!!

"I will take you out to dinner, but no soup, no margaritas/martinis..etc because i dont have alot of money" (Gotta buy more brewing stuff tomrow)

These are all just one time purchases. Once you buy it you don't need to buy it again. As she walks away I mumble, till I go bigger, better, faster! :rockin: Yeah baby!!!

Conversation last night:

Me: Look at this picture, bags of malted grain and hops being stored in the attic of this Lambic brewery.

SWMBO: We are not storing bags of grain and hops in the attic.

Me: It might inspire me to finish off the attic quicker...

SWMBO: If you finish off the attic, you can have the basement all to yourself.

Me: deal.

In regards to the walk-in cooler - "just think, we can start buying in bulk at Sams, store it all in the cooler, and save a bunch of money!". We do store 12 packs of sodas out there but other than that, its all beer... heh

Once I have an all-grain setup, it will be cheaper than gasoline. So, I'll stay home more.

[My greyhounds really don't care, so long as I'm around at mealtimes.]

Fingers said:
You... have.... a..... walk...... in...... cooler......????

My god, that's magnificent.

Not trying to hijack but wanted to reply, there is a huge thread in the Equipment forum about it from last year. Zymurgy picked it up as an article in their January issue - here is a link to the article: http://www.deepsixbrewing.com/misc/article.pdf

Look New wood floors.........oh those boxes in the garage, don't mind them, they're nothing....I will get them put away in the morning;) (6 kegs later.....)

John Beere said:
Not trying to hijack but wanted to reply, there is a huge thread in the Equipment forum about it from last year. Zymurgy picked it up as an article in their January issue - here is a link to the article: http://www.deepsixbrewing.com/misc/article.pdf

And to think all this time I've been speaking to you as if you were an ordinary mortal.

Teach us to pray, oh John Beere.

Things I tell my self. Thanks god I don't have a SWMBO looking over my shoulder yet!
It will be cheaper than buying good beer.
All grain will be alot cheaper and better tasting than extract (Still have yet to spend less than 40 on a trip to the HBS)
It will be a fun hobby to have for the weekends. (hobby my ass, its a damn obsession)

Latest posts

Back