Firts problem in a long day.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazamodo

Reaction score
Edit: First*, Told you it was a long day :p

Decided to do two brews today, had everything set up and planned, and new it was going to be a long day.

I use one pot for heating water, and as a BK so it took even longer doing two brews back to back.

Anyway, my first, a mild brown ale, called for 10g of magnum hops. Now my braid in the BK had clogged last time i used it, using whole leaf hops, so i put them in a muslin bag and chucked them in.

Seemed to work ok, stayed in the bag, except they were still whole-ish when i cleaned out the bag. There was no dry bits, but usually they end up as tiny particles.

Well the brew thats now boiling is at oatmeal stout, which called for 55g of williamette hops. I didnt want to put them in a bag incase i dont get the full potential, so I thought id see if i get lucky with my braid.

After adding the hops, i realsed i hadent re-tightened my braid on properly after cleaning, around abit and fished out the braid.

I now have wort boilng, with 55g of leaf hops, and nothing to filter it. Whats the likely hood of this clogging my pipes? Im tempted to just let it go into the fermenter or is this a bad idea?

Its been a long day, and I almost made it through, hitch free!

Latest posts

Back