Pliny clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EKennett

Reaction score
Brewed a Pliny clone this afternoon using the extract recipe from the recent Zymurgy magazine. I should have had an OG of 1.072 but ended up closer to 1.062. The wort tastes very hoppy. I'm not sure what to expect since I never had the real thing. Anybody think I'm gonna have a problem being that far off on the original gravity?

Yeah, the recipe called for 6.5lb light DME and 0.75lb Dextrose. Both were boiled for 90 minutes. I thought the recipe looked a little light, I guess I was right :drunk:

Yeah, the recipe called for 6.5lb light DME and 0.75lb Dextrose. Both were boiled for 90 minutes. I thought the recipe looked a little light, I guess I was right :drunk:

Certainly does sound like the recipe was off, I feel like there might have been a correction in one of the follow-up issues... but I don't remember what it was.

You can boiling up a pound of light DME and add it if you want, but the beer should be fine without it.

Back