Sierra Nevada clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyobrew22

Reaction score
Does anyone have an extract recipe that is close to Sierra Nevada's pale ale? The first few times I had it I was not that impressed but I have had a few more lately and it's really growing on me.

Thanks, I found the link. Just out of curiosity how much difference in flavor would there be if I used Nottingham in place of the California or American Ale yeast?

Thanks, I found the link. Just out of curiosity how much difference in flavor would there be if I used Nottingham in place of the California or American Ale yeast?

Probably not too much, especially if you can ferment in on the cool side. Nottingham gets weirdly fruity over 70 degrees. If you want to use dry, I'd recommend using S05 in place of the American ale yeast.

AHB has a SNPA partial mash/extract kit, which i just bought and it comes with nottingham. good luck

Here is a PM that I did. I actually liked mine better than SNPA...mine was a tad hoppier IMO.

3# Light DME
5# 2 row
.5# 60L Crystal Malt
.25# Munich

1oz Magnum @ 60
1oz Cascade @ 30
1oz Perle @ 15

SafAle US-05 yeast

I made a SNPA clone partial mash and it has been my best beer to date.

5 lb. Extra Light DME
2.5 lb. 2-row
10 oz. crystal 60L
WLP001 fermented at 63-65

1 oz perle @ 60
1 oz cascade at 15
0.5 oz cascade at flame out
0.5 oz cascade dry hopped

It's a beer I would like to have always on tap in the keezer year round. :mug:

3.3 lbs of LME
3.0 lbs of DME
.5 lbs Crushed Crystal Malt 40L
.5 lbs Crushed Crystal Malt 20L
.5 lbs Crushed Dextrin Malt
1.0 oz Amarillo Hops (60 min)
.5 oz Amarillo Hops (30 min)
.5 oz Amarillo Hops (15 min)
1.0 oz Cascade Hops (5 min)
1.0 oz Cascade Hops (dry)

OG 1.050
FG 1.012

Just getting ready to bottle this and the sample tasted amazing. My LHBS guy says he like this recipe better than any SN clone he's tried.
I'll know in a few weeks!:mug:

Back