Buffalo Wild Wings dumb commercial

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimzella

Reaction score
I kinda took offense to that commercial i just saw. poking fun at homebrewers. please, everyone knows all they have on tap is "mostly" run of the mill everyday beer. My homebrew is better than most everything that have. So i'm not getting that commercial at all :cross: :drunk: besides, my wings are better too. no need to goto BWW :)

Yeah, not a big fan of the way BWW makes home brewers look like fringe jerkoffs who have no taste.

Wow, it's hard to believe how many homebrewers are SO insecure about their hobby and how folks might perceive them, that instead of being flattered that something they are interested and passionate about is getting satired, they get their widdle feelings hurt, or pissed off about it.

Usually when we're bothered by something, deep down we believe it. So if folks get upset about a commercial poking fun at homebrewing they must think, deep down that there's a grain of truth to it....that maybe homebrew IS inferior to craft beer, or they suck as a brewer.

Me, I think it's a hilarious spoof on our hobby. I think it shows that homebrewing's gaining a level of cachet these day, that it's growing in popularity. Heck even the White House is brewing now (if you haven't heard ;))

If anything maybe it's BWW that is threatened by the rise in homebrewing. Remember when Budweiser, feeling threatened by craft beers picked on them? It's probably not too different.

A wise man (I think it was a character on the West Wing) once said, "If their shooting at you, that means you must be doing something right."

I'm more flattered by the commercial than bothered. It's nice to be hearing mention of homebrewing....

First BWW thread ever!

You mean today, right? There's actually about 5 threads about the commercial, most of them back when the commercial first aired WEEKS ago. There's also a BWW thread talking about how cool it is that in many states (like Michigan) they actually have a great selection of local beers. And how in Michigan BWW supported Michigan Craft beer month in July. Even going so far as to selling really neat Michigan Craft Beer glasses with partial proceeds going to the Michigan Brewer's guild.

no one is insecure here yoda. just putting it out there. some peeps dont like it, some peeps do. you have your take, i have mine.

Pittsburgh is not as big on "Craft" beers. Most chains around here just have the norm. Yuengling tho, is mostly always on tap.

Revvy said:
If anything maybe it's BWW that is threatened by the rise in homebrewing. Remember when Budweiser, feeling threatened by craft beers picked on them? It's probably not too different.

First, they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.
– Ghandi

What's to be offended by? Can you honestly look at all the bacon beer and other crazy **** people put in beers and say that commercial is that far off the mark?

Personally, I thought the commercial was damn funny. Do a search on google for anything goofy (for instance, captain crunch) and "can I mash this?" And you'll hit on at least a couple things. We homebrewers do funky stuff all the time for the sake of experimentation. It's the cool part of this hobby/obsession. BMC ain't gonna come out with a Cheerios Pale Ale anytime soon. :)

Personally, I thought the commercial was damn funny. Do a search on google for anything goofy (for instance, captain crunch) and "can I mash this?" And you'll hit on at least a couple things. We homebrewers do funky stuff all the time for the sake of experimentation. It's the cool part of this hobby/obsession. BMC ain't gonna come out with a Cheerios Pale Ale anytime soon. :)

LOL....I followed the Ovaltine thread all the way through.....too bad the end result was terrible.( as stated by the guy that did it )

This makes the Henry Weinhards commercial look tame as far as making fun of us. Both are pretty funny though. I liked the part in the BWW where the krausen was overflowing and the beer would be ready in two minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back