Anderson Valley Summer solstice cervesa crema

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsquared

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has any one tried to clone this beer? Anderson valley summer solstice cerveza crema it is one of my favorites but I can't put my finger on how its made.

I've been trying to put together something similar too, without much success. My girlfriend is a big fan of the beer.

Anyone have any tips? I'm not having much luck finding specific information anywhere. The avbc.com website it pretty vague about the beer...

I'm infatuated with this beer right now. I just picked up a six pack the other day and it has catapulted to my top 5. I was going to post a question out there to see if anyone has a recipe yet but searched and found this thread. Here's hoping someone has a recipe!

I just had this beer. Very impressed! I left a message on their website asking for a recipe. I will post if they respond. I am pretty sure it has vanilla in it.

I have made a few batchs of this. My advice is use real vanilla beans. I have used extract before and did not care for it nearly as much.

I scrape 1 1/2 beans into five gallons (secondary). Also that the vanilla flavor will fade over time.

I have made a few batchs of this. My advice is use real vanilla beans. I have used extract before and did not care for it nearly as much.

I scrape 1 1/2 beans into five gallons (secondary). Also that the vanilla flavor will fade over time.

I don't have an experience using vanilla beans. What do you mean by "scrape"? Can you shred them with a cheese grater or chop them up?

I don't have an experience using vanilla beans. What do you mean by "scrape"? Can you shred them with a cheese grater or chop them up?

No. You split the bean open and scrape out the paste. Some people also scrape the contents into a shot of vodka and make there own extract. There is quite a bit of information on the site about using vanilla beans.

Back