Milling Grains At Home

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MM2 FTW!!! I love mine. Hook up my cordless drill to it and rip through a good size grain bill in no time at all.

Used my DeWalt to run through a 30# grain bill on 10/27... Made it easy, when using the side handle on the drill too. Getting set up to brew in the basement where I live, so I might build a cabinet to hold my mill soon. Start with the cabinet to hold the mill, and place the buckets into first. I plan on getting the setup so that I can add a motor to the mix, easily, later. :D

Higher priority is getting the venting system in place for the steam and CO from using the Blichmann burner(s)... But that will be another thread. :rockin:

Use a good quality zip lock and throw one of those hand warmer packs in it before you squeeze out the air. It will use up all the oxygen in the bag and you will even see the bag shrink. Store in a cool dark place it will last for months with no problem.

bosco

Those hand warmer packs are based on an exothermic chemical reaction. If oxygen can get in, can't the chemicals get out too? I've never heard of using these to vacuum pack grains, but I am intrigued.

Used my DeWalt to run through a 30# grain bill on 10/27... Made it easy, when using the side handle on the drill too. Getting set up to brew in the basement where I live, so I might build a cabinet to hold my mill soon. Start with the cabinet to hold the mill, and place the buckets into first. I plan on getting the setup so that I can add a motor to the mix, easily, later. :D

Higher priority is getting the venting system in place for the steam and CO from using the Blichmann burner(s)... But that will be another thread. :rockin:

I'm going to build a cabinet/cart for mine too in the near future. I'm also interested in possibly motorizing it at some point. No huge need for it, just think it'll be cool to have everything self-contained in one unit.

Latest posts

Back