Ceramic swing top bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FilJos

Reaction score
I bought a bottle of St. Sebastiaan Grand reserve tonight and it comes in a real neat 16oz ceramic swing top bottle. I thought to myself, "this would be the perfect thing to bottle my farmhouse cider in" (since I have been looking for a unique bottling option) but unfortunaly, they cost about $7 or $8 per bottle. I can't spend $320 to bottle a 5 gallon batch. Does anyone have a resource for a bottle like or similar to this? Something in ceramic or stoneware with maybe a swingtop?

just goto midwest brewing website and order swing top bottles, or goto your local HBS and get some swing top from them. they work great. I have a cpl case's of 32oz swing tops I use for mead and cider

Punn said:
just goto midwest brewing website and order swing top bottles, or goto your local HBS and get some swing top from them. they work great. I have a cpl case's of 32oz swing tops I use for mead and cider

I believe he is looking for ceramic swing top bottles. Actual ceramic bottles, with swing tops. I have one in the fridge, a Belgian brew. The bottles are awsome, like 1.9pts...all ceramic with a Grolsh-type swing top.

Filjos, if you find them, let me know.

_Todd

I honestly have never seen ceramic or stoneware bottles for sale as empties. If you find a resource, please post it. They would be nice to use for gifts.

-walker

Latest posts

Back