Starting a West Georgia Homebrew Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

testingapril

Reaction score
I'm trying to get a West Georgia Homebrew Club going. I have an email list that I've already emailed about it, and will be providing updates primarily to that list. Please PM me your email address if you are interested.

I'm planning on having the first meeting on August 2nd 2014 at 3pm at my house because at this time I don't know any place better to have it that is free. If we outgrow my house or something we can look into finding somewhere else to meet.

Basically, I want to be able to get together with other beer and brewing enthusiasts and talk beer and try each others brews and see if we can generate some constructive feedback so everyone can improve their beer. I also want anyone who is interested in homebrew, but doesn't brew yet, to come and learn about the process and some of the techniques and ingredients and hopefully start brewing soon.

I will send my street address out to the email list once everything becomes a little more finalized.

Reply with feedback, or PM me your email address to be added to the list.

Thanks for your time and hope to see you at the meeting!

There's a bunch of clubs in and around ATL. Usually, they center around a geographic area.
INHBC - Marietta/Woodstock
Brewmasters - Alpharetta/Johns Creek
Covert Hops and Final Gravity seem to claim the entire ITP region.
There's a whole host of others...
http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/community/clubs/find-a-homebrew-club/

Not that all the areas are served, of course. I'm in Roswell and would love to have a club that meets closer to me.

What area would your club be in?

West Georgia area. Basically douglasville to the Alabama line. Newnan to cedartown or so north and south. Anyone willing to show up is more than welcome. Initial meetings will be in Carrollton.

West Georgia area. Basically douglasville to the Alabama line. Newnan to cedartown or so north and south. Anyone willing to show up is more than welcome. Initial meetings will be in Carrollton.

Talk to your local bars that have meeting spaces and see if they'll allow you to come in and use the meeting space for free one night a month. Tell them that the brewers will be encouraged to eat dinner there and have a few drinks to make it worth their while.

Talk to your local bars that have meeting spaces and see if they'll allow you to come in and use the meeting space for free one night a month. Tell them that the brewers will be encouraged to eat dinner there and have a few drinks to make it worth their while.

Thanks. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

The bar idea is a good one. But I would be surprised if they let you consume your own product at their establishment. They are after all in the retail business. You could trade, drink elsewhere and report back later but I think that that would take away from the instant feedback.

The bar idea is a good one. But I would be surprised if they let you consume your own product at their establishment. They are after all in the retail business. You could trade, drink elsewhere and report back later but I think that that would take away from the instant feedback.

That thought definitely crossed my mind. Also with the stupid alcohol laws in GA, it wouldn't surprise me if this was illegal. There was definitely some discussion about it surrounding the recent homebrew transportation bill.

That thought definitely crossed my mind. Also with the stupid alcohol laws in GA, it wouldn't surprise me if this was illegal. There was definitely some discussion about it surrounding the recent homebrew transportation bill.

It's not legal in Illinois either...

Unfortunately, it is indeed against the law in GA. You can transport your homebrew in a sealed container in your trunk for your consumption. But, you cannot legally share with others!!
You cannot technically take a bottle/keg to a neighbor for consumption!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I was interested in the meeting, I'm just starting to brew and want tower new people from around here to learn more.

Back