Spartanburg Home Brew Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrexrode

Reaction score
Anyone in the Upstate area interested in getting a home brew club based in Spartanburg up and running? Right now, this is a seedling of an idea that needs enough people involved with to make it worthwhile. I've 2 or 3 people in my circle that would be involved members, need some more.

I'm in Pacolet. A co-worker of mine who's another home brewer is in Landrum. We're both looking into going all grain and are in the process of gathering/making the equipment to do that using brew in a bag. The main reason for the post is that we've had interest from RJ Rockers in sponsoring a home brew club. We're supposed to meet this Wednesday at RJ Rockers to brew a batch on their small batch equipment and to discuss the specifics of the club. I've got to check tomorrow if this is still a go with RJ Rockers, but even if it isn't and they don't want to get involved, me and Chuck (the co-worker) are still wanting to get something going. I know there's a large brew club in Greenville, but I'd like to have something more local.

jrexrode said:
I'm in Pacolet. A co-worker of mine who's another home brewer is in Landrum. We're both looking into going all grain and are in the process of gathering/making the equipment to do that using brew in a bag. The main reason for the post is that we've had interest from RJ Rockers in sponsoring a home brew club. We're supposed to meet this Wednesday at RJ Rockers to brew a batch on their small batch equipment and to discuss the specifics of the club. I've got to check tomorrow if this is still a go with RJ Rockers, but even if it isn't and they don't want to get involved, me and Chuck (the co-worker) are still wanting to get something going. I know there's a large brew club in Greenville, but I'd like to have something more local.

10-4

I have talked to mark a few times about hosting a club and he seems to be open to the idea. His main concern is not getting wrapped up in coordinating it.

Also, the owner of Delaney's also said that he would be willing to host a club. Not sure I'd anything has changed there since the fire.

Will you be attending this Wednesday (if it's a go)? Do you know anyone else who would like to attend? I don't know a lot of local brewers in the area and so far we've only have 6 interested people and 3 of those have never brewed, just interested. And they all work with me. I'd like to see more active brewers than just 3 people.

Definitely not. I am wide open at work right now. I may be able to host a small brew day at some point. I brew strictly all grain (batch sparge) so it could be a tutorial type of thing. I'm only about 2 years into the hobby myself, but it really is pretty easy.

Old post, but i'm definitely interested. Living and brewing on the westside. Did anything happen with RJ Rockers?

Sorry for the delay of the update. Nothing really became of the Rockers thing. Some talk, but nothing definite or concrete. I myself would like to see a homebrew club started locally. I'm up for getting together a group of interested people to talk about it.

it did not that I am aware of. Best I can tell, we just need to have a casual meet and greet somewhere, then take it from there.

Talked to a bartender at the new Growler Haus. They are starting a club based out of the store and feeling out for potential members. So if you or your friends wanna join, I'd swing by the Growler Haus - the old C Edwards - and ask to talk to Drew.

Cheers! Hope this thing works.

Hey Bobby,
Good to hear that there are other brewers in the area interested in getting together. It would be good to find a group that could speak Homebrew Talk...
I actually work with Rexrode, and things have gotten pretty busy at work. -And outside of work for me, anyhow. But, I'm sure that we could arrange a day to go over it. -Over a beer or three.
Rexrode and I were at the Growler Haus last week, but the brew-club subject didn't come up. It looks like a real good place to hash it out.
Anyone else interested?

Hey Bobby, Autobaun, and any local brewers,
Here's a shot of our Sunday Brewday;
Brewday1.jpg
We had a rare opportunity to get together and do a brew.
Rexrode brewed a Fat Tire clone and dropped it into a no-chill cube so he could take it home and pitch it the next day.
I did an all grain porter that will be split after the primary. I plan to do half with coffee and half with vanilla. Then I may blend half of each back together...
Y'lnow, it would be pretty cool to get a bunch of burners all going at once. -And, I've got to get busy with it. -All of my kegs are getting low!
So I am certainly in on a Growler Haus get together.
Who wants to pick a day and get this started?

Great to hear there are other homebrewers out there! I'll report back to Drew next time I'm in the 'GH' about the popularity of the idea of forming a club. From what I inferred, this is still in the planning stages and still needs to get the approval of some higher ups at Growler Haus.

Next time your there, just yell "Homebrew" - it can be like out bat signal. I'd love to talk homebrew even outside of a club.

B

It's good to see this thread picking up some steam. WileE65 and myself at the GH yesterday and talked to Drew for a few minutes and left contact info for if/when they start solidifying plans. I'd like to see something put together regardless if any businesses are interested in sponsoring a club.

Anyone interested in setting down a concrete location, day and time for an informal meetup/beer quaffing? Or maybe even getting together and doing a brew session?

Just found this thread and I'm fairly new to home brewing (on my 5th batch), any interest in getting together? would love to collaborate and maybe even co-op on equipment and such. Let me know!

Back