What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday, 2 bayou classic SQ14s, today a shirron plate chiller, tomorrow 50#s of grain, fittings, tubing, and a PH meter. Its a good week. Going to get my keggles up and brewing this weekend.

Milwaukee MW101 PH meter, carry case, extra ph electrode, and buffer/storage/cleaning solutions arrived yesterday! Now to learn all this water chemistry stuff :cross:

20130828_000004746.jpg

An older, but better than I had, CPU to breath a little more life into my old socket 775 mobo/computer.

Two cases of 375ml Belgian style bottles (with corks & cages.) I'm all ready to bottle my pomegranate saison ... in two and a half weeks.

I've got bottle envy! I've managed to amass an obscene number of 750s, but splits are much less common. My local micro is planning to use 375s to bottle a barrel project I supplied the bugs and I'm hoping I can get a bunch from them at cost. What sort of corker are you using?

I've got bottle envy! I've managed to amass an obscene number of 750s, but splits are much less common. My local micro is planning to use 375s to bottle a barrel project I supplied the bugs and I'm hoping I can get a bunch from them at cost. What sort of corker are you using?

They are tough to find ... so i used a gift card id been sitting on and got them from Norther Brewer. I have a floor corker from bottling wine.

mcbaumannerb said:
They are tough to find ... so i used a gift card id been sitting on and got them from Norther Brewer. I have a floor corker from bottling wine.

Good use of a gift card for sure. Have you corked beer bottles before? If you've got the Portuguese model, it needs some modification.

Alright ... I see what the blocks are doing on yours. I agree that the blocks seem a little easier than trying to coordinate two hands and a foot :D I could adjust the plunger depth as well but then I'd worry that I wouldn't get it back to the right setting for wine so the wood blocks look perfect. I have some extra corks so I'll play around with that - thanks for the heads up!

it was actually yesterday, but i got a mash paddle and some centennial hops for my first AG brew this weekend

mcbaumannerb said:
Alright ... I see what the blocks are doing on yours. I agree that the blocks seem a little easier than trying to coordinate two hands and a foot :D I could adjust the plunger depth as well but then I'd worry that I wouldn't get it back to the right setting for wine so the wood blocks look perfect. I have some extra corks so I'll play around with that - thanks for the heads up!

The problem with adjusting the plunger, at least with mine which is older and may be different than newer models, is that the base locks in place until the handle is fully depressed. So if I adjust plunger to insert cork to depth I want, I can't get bottle out. Getting the Italian champagne corker is part of the long term plan. Doing 2 cases with the Portuguese model is plenty, doing 25 cases would not be fun.

Well not in the mail, per se, but had a buddy that was going out of town and stopped by and picked up a little something something for me. Thanks grain mule!

photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
My order from Love2Brew ... with ECY01 & ECY09 yeast! Now I need to plan a couple more brew days. :ban:

What's the 09? I did a turbid mash for my last ECY01 beer and really enjoyed my brew day. I'd be happy to send you the write up I did for my club's newsletter if you're interested.

I got nothing today, but mailbox/porch should be blowing up with goodies this week. :D

got my bulkhead and valve for my keggle today from bargainfittings, should get my cooler bulkhead and valve in by friday :D

What's the 09? I did a turbid mash for my last ECY01 beer and really enjoyed my brew day. I'd be happy to send you the write up I did for my club's newsletter if you're interested.

I got nothing today, but mailbox/porch should be blowing up with goodies this week. :D

09 is the Belgian Abbaye ... need to get started on the next batch of my dubbel (since I let that age a while.) I'd love to read that write up - I saw some of your posts from that brew day and was intrigued.

A couple days ago I got my perliks (4) and all the stainless to go with them. Say hi to taps 5,6,7 and 8! :drunk:

Yesterday: Irish red ale and milk stout AG kits from MoreBeer.com.

Today: Duda Diesel B3-23A 30 Plate Chiller

3 stainless ball valves and a weldless bulkhead from bargainfitters.com.

Yay!

I got a few sticks, 464 NUB's, Rocky Patel maduro's, olivia O series, Cain maduro's I got them from cigarbid.com

Chugger pump, weldless sight glass kit, 2 SS 3 piece ball valves, fittings all from bobby_m at brewhardware.com. I think I've paid for Bobby's mortgage this month with all my keggle conversion stuff, pumps, etc...

Also a dehumidifier...

Back