Enjoyed our first homebrew on Saturday.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeDaddio

Reaction score
And it was much better than we anticipated.

It was a bit sweet for a Hefe, but its still sitting at room temp in the bottles so it ought to get a bit better with time. Head retention wasn't fantastic either, but maybe time will fix that as well.

The LHBS owner said we're doing something right, and he enjoyed it.

better than that though, my brewing buddy and I enjoyed it. And we finally got to taste the fruits of our labor. It was a good day.

i-BKnddrD-L.jpg

We also moved out saison to a secondary on Saturday:

i-KNSLRJL-L.jpg

And brewed a DIPA:

i-PtTq3Jd-L.jpg

We were able to get a fridge and a temperature control unit to keep things at a proper temperature.

All in all it was a very good weekend, and it only gets better from here :)

joe

Sweet - looks like you are well on your way! Congratulations.

Awesome! I love enjoying my homebrew with friends and family. Cheers!!!

Congrats! It's a rewarding feeling to partake a libation that you have made. How long has it been in the bottle? The residual yeast should eat that sugar up a bit and carb it up some more I would think. I bottled a wheat last week that was a tad sweet at bottling, but now has lost that, and was nice and carbed by Saturday. I have a sixer in the fridge now conditioning.

I really need a fridge to bulk condition all my beer. I have about 70 bottles right now looking for a cold place to call home!

Congrats! It's a rewarding feeling to partake a libation that you have made. How long has it been in the bottle? The residual yeast should eat that sugar up a bit and carb it up some more I would think. I bottled a wheat last week that was a tad sweet at bottling, but now has lost that, and was nice and carbed by Saturday. I have a sixer in the fridge now conditioning.

I really need a fridge to bulk condition all my beer. I have about 70 bottles right now looking for a cold place to call home!

I have the same problem, 4 batches at room temp, with 1 1/2 fridges completely filled already. I need to have a major beer drinking party. These days, room temp is too damn hot.:mug:

It's been in the bottle for just over two weeks now, and sat in primary for two weeks before that (all at room temp).

Each beer we've made since has had an increasing OG (Saison at 1.060 and DIPA at 1.080), so we'll have to make a lower gravity beer here in the next week or so to make sure we have the patience to let these guys sit a proper amount of time ;)

joe

Congrats!!! The affliction has begun. Time to start brewing for fall and the holidays. I am getting ready to do a Pumpkin Ale and some Apfelwein.

Latest posts

Back