show us your motorized grain mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kegtoe

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hoping to have 1 or 2 finished pics of everyones grain mill on here. I know there are several good ones out there and they inspired me to build mine - Revvy, Rocky, etc.

Here is mine
IMG_09091.JPG

and the build link

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/nates-motorized-grain-mill-228136/

Here is my DIY mill. Yes the capacitor is hanging.....took pic before it had been secured.

image-2151149949.jpg

We call it "The Grim Crusher." The legs fold up and the unit stores nicely on a shelf, taking up no floor space. It's just tall enough to slip a 5-gal bucket under and not have dust blowing around. The chain is a nickle plated go-cart chain. The Bodine gearmotor has enough torque to chew rocks...I made the Plexiglas chain guard before a finger was eaten by the beast. It'll chew through 35 lbs of grain in about 10 minutes. I do NOT miss having to turn that crank by hand.

Grim 1.jpg

Grim 2.jpg

We call it "The Grim Crusher." The legs fold up and the unit stores nicely on a shelf, taking up no floor space. It's just tall enough to slip a 5-gal bucket under and not have dust blowing around. The chain is a nickle plated go-cart chain. The Bodine gearmotor has enough torque to chew rocks...I made the Plexiglas chain guard before a finger was eaten by the beast. It'll chew through 35 lbs of grain in about 10 minutes. I do NOT miss having to turn that crank by hand.

View attachment 28182

View attachment 28183

I didn't know OCC was making grain mills! That is sweet!!

Good call. I guess I missed that one too somehow lol. Thanks moved post content!

Back