Honey Mushroom Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pistolero

Reaction score
;) ;)

Well I would have never thought such a thing was possible, but a quick google led me to this brewery, which is apparently making a honey mushroom lager. Here's a quote from their site:

Aaron Burr Beer said:
I'm Walter Hudson for Aaron Burr Brewery. Right now, my 11 year-old son and I are enjoying a bottle of my new Honey Mushroom Lager.

First brewed in the 17th century by Franciscan monks on a remote island in the Adriatic, this Lager was a popular drink among people too poor to notice it tasted awful. To make the Lager, these monks would seduce shipwrecked sailors who found their way onto their rocky shores and drag them down to the monastery cellars. There, they would hang these hapless seamen by their ankles for a little over six months. All the while, the crafty monks would flagellate their victims slowly and painfully, collecting their copious drippings in a seaweed basket. After removing the big pieces of flesh that are often difficult to digest, they'd churn this fluid into the hearty brew we still drink today.

People ask me why we call this cool, rich tasting drink "Honey Mushroom Lager" when there are no mushrooms or honey in it. I say it's because no one would want to buy Bloody Dead Sailor Beer. Right, Timmy?

Now finish that cool, refreshing Aaron Burr's Honey Mushroom Lager and get your little butt down to the cellar!

Aaron Burr Beer- Available at supermarkets everywhere.

I wouldn't of thunk it, but now I have no choice but to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak, and move forward with a recipe for a good old fashioned 60's style groovy beer. I'll start with the Honey Mushroom Lager concept, and go from there...I believe I'll call my version "White Rabbit". Any suggestions you guys have will be greatly appreciated. TIA.

;) ;)

Note to self: Running out of winky's...order more.

2nd Note to self: Contact TxBrew about a tongue-in-cheek smilie to go with the s-face smilies sudsmonkey got.

Note to 2nd self: Contact 1st self re excessive talking to self.

:cross: :drunk: Oh, you twisted man. First: I spent my formative years on ocean- going trawlers. Even after a shipwreck, I can't see being seduced by monks. Maybe if they told me we were going to make beer.... Two: I really like the new avatar. Being a Southern Free-Will Hindu, it kinda reminds me of Vishnu. And C: There's a White Rabbit Brewery operating in Farmville NC. I think that's what it's called. I just dont want you getting tied up in any legal battles over copyright infringements with them. I just settled a case with Anheuser-Busch over my Warm Pee Lager. And lastly: My horses said to tell you that they'll UPS you all the mushrooms in the pasture. Be careful, they can't tell the difference between a good one and one that'll kill you. Hell, neither can I. I agree on the tongue in cheek icon. I'd also like to suggest a Moderately S. Faced one. I'm scared to suggest much after getting the S. Faced one. Saving up for my 20 dollar prmier membership. Hard times.

Don't worry too much about the $20...I'm nominating you for the first annual HomeBrewTalk Posting While Intoxicated Scholarship. There's just no telling what depths you'll be able to sink to once you're able to fly your flag, so to speak. :D

Always there for me , my brother ! Monkey Junior has drawn me up a pretty good sudsmonkey picture on the old home PC. It's complete with the foamy mug. I'm so proud of that boy. If they don't go for the scholarship, I'm pretty sure I can squeeze the money out of Mrs. Monkey. She's pretty tight with the purse strings. She's one of those that thinks that food is more important than beer. Non-beer drinker!
Meant to tell you earlier not to worry adout the talking to self thing. It's age indicative. A man reaches a certain age where he realizes that in order to carry on an intelligent conversation, he has to be on both sides of it. Works for me. One word of advice; don't get pissed and give yourself the Silent Treatment. That's a hard one to get over. :drunk:

sudsmonkey said:
One word of advice; don't get pissed and give yourself the Silent Treatment. That's a hard one to get over. :drunk:
Dang, you made me spew my last drink of Waggledance out my nose...you wicked, wicked, monkey. :D

Back