Stone Cali-Belgique IPA...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r2eng

Reaction score
...yum!

Got a bottle in Eugene on a trip, and am enjoying it now. Nice IPA with a slight, light Belgian influence. Different in a very good way!

It must not be for me. I got a bottle a month or two ago, but wasn't really blown away by it. Maharaja on the other hand I really like. I'll give it another shot at some point.

I just finished a bottle. I really liked it. Not your typical IPA (recently at least, read way hoppy). I really liked the belgian flavors.

I've had this a few times and it is the perfect balance between me and my wife's styles. We both really liked it and two bottles were gone very quickly. I'm want to try making something similar soon.

I just finished a bottle. I really liked it. Not your typical IPA (recently at least, read way hoppy). I really liked the belgian flavors.

Funny, because it is pretty much just their standard IPA fermented with Belgian yeast. Amazing what the yeast profile can do to the perception of bitterness! I have to say I prefer this to their normal IPA, and I like hoppy IPAs. I just think it is a pretty neat beer.

I've been trying the different Vertical Epics, and I got to say I'm really starting to like Belgians!

I used to not like the spiciness, but it's really starting to grow on me.
Like Carne said, it's amazing how much influence the yeast has.

I normally try not to go out on a school night. I went out for one beer last night. Stone Cali-Belgique was the keep the glass special so I got one. It was so good I couldn't stop after just one.

Back