How much sugar for 6 or 10 ounce bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poindexter

Reaction score
I searched, and I am a moron. What happened is I brewed a Belgian Tripel with my dad on 03-06-09 while he was visiting Alaska from Florida.

I sampled it tonight for the first time. It is good enough, flat and green, that I want to bottle it in those little tiny Coca-Cola bottles, deal with the clear glass UV issues and keep some of these cellared for a really long time.

I am going to bulk age for a while, probably bottle June-ish. I would like it to be carbed by say Thansgiving. We did a three gallon batch indoors, it was too cold to drag him outdoors for a full boil, I think our daytime high was a positive number that day.

What are some nice round numbers for priming sugar that end up with style correct CO2 volumes in those little bottles? Is there a formula I can put under my pencil next time?

Thanks.
P

I dont see that the bottle size makes any difference.
We normally use 3/4 to 1 cup priming sugar for 5 gallons.

As for aging our beer we usually bottle at the normal time and then wait until the beer is carbed to our liking and put it in the
root cellar

Back