LHBS in the Tampa Bay Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PavlovsCat

Reaction score
I went to the Brew Shack on Waters Ave this morning and the store was gone.
Is is OOB or just moved? Are there any other home brewing stores in the Tampa Bay Area?

I sent an email as listed on their website to see if they've moved. The website hasn't been updated for a couple of years.

i had the same problem when the brew shack closed down. then i found this place. they sell to big breweries its a little hard to find but they have good stuff. especially for all grain folks. not too sure about it lately they were just starting to get their homebrew section up and running about 6 months ago when i last went there. they even let me bring my dog there. its on east busch blvd, heres the link Welcome to Southern Brewing i just serched tampa brew supply on google and found them. good luck.

-nick

Theres a place located north on 66st from park blvd on left called beer and wine pantry. I must say its not the greatest, however, they do have some things. The lack of appropiate LHBS makes me want to open one up...

As soon as I moved down here, Brew Shack closed up.:(

But Southern Brewing Supply is as good as a LHBS can get. They're getting more and more equipment in every week and they have any grain/hops/yeast you could need. Talk to Brian, the owner. Always helpful.

On Busch Blvd just east of I-275.

+1 on Southern. Great people. Helpful staff. They're interested in your success.

Very classy. Nice people. They hold grain and extract classes every couple of weeks. In which they also feed and provide homebrew samples to everyone.

They have a good selection of equipment, and a ton of grains on hand. Plus extract needs are covered too.

E-mail Kelly to get on their mailing list, and get invites to classes:

kelly@southernbrewing dot com

Thanks Tim. Stopped by there today thanks to your post. It's everything you said. Really convenient for me too. Almost right on the way home from work.

In October, 2010 another LHBS opened in Tampa. They have an excellent all grain, hop, yeast selection as well as a plenty of equipment.

They have a great website. You can save time by shopping online and picking up at their store. Located on Falkenburg Rd. North close to Brandon and Tampa off of I75 and I4.

Booth's Brewing, Tampa Home Brewing Supplies

Another great home brew shop in Tampa is Booth's Brewing. They are off of i75 and SR 60 near Brandon on Falkenburg Rd. They have a great selection of ingredients and supplies for all-grain and extract brewers. They have a large variety and supply of malt, yeast (liquid/dry), and hops (whole/pellet).

Save time by ordering online and picking up in the shop.

I'm in Tampa for a few days for work and I've got today off, so I'm going to swing by all three of those shops and see what they've got. But first, a tour of the Yuengling brewery to try and sneak out a recipe...

Theres a place located north on 66st from park blvd on left called beer and wine pantry. I must say its not the greatest, however, they do have some things. The lack of appropiate LHBS makes me want to open one up...

+1 i love that place. it's where i get all my supplies. they don't have everything. but the people that work there are very nice and helpful. i've been going there since 1999 when they used to be on park blvd

So I managed to make it by Southern Brewing and Booth's. At Southern Brewing, they had a decent selection of hardware/equipment, two really knowledge guys who were very polite, helpful, and patient, an okay to good hop section, no LME that I saw, a good selection of DME, and a great selection of grains (over 100 different malts).

At Booth's, you could tell they haven't been open long. The girl working there was really cool and they had a few beers going on-site and a few done that you can try, but the hardware selection is kinda limited and the grain selection is really limited. They do brew days there on occasion from what I was told and that's pretty cool.

While at the Yuengling brewery, I managed to get a few hint-hints from the chemist. That paired with what I already know about their classic lager and based on what we can taste in it, we've come up with a recipe that I'm working on. We'll see how it turns out! In the meantime, I hauled 9 cases of the stuff back to Texas to hold me over...

Glad you made the rounds. Personally, I would have hit Cigar City brewing way before Yeungling.

+1 i love that place. it's where i get all my supplies. they don't have everything. but the people that work there are very nice and helpful. i've been going there since 1999 when they used to be on park blvd

+1...

And its right down the street from my parents place.
:rockin:

I checked it out when I was down there last January and compared too the ones we have had here it was good. Friendly staff and chatted a little while. Brought my Dad with me and he was asking me questions about ingredients vs. kits. We bought him 2 kits for his b-day. No idea if he ever made them.

Glad you made the rounds. Personally, I would have hit Cigar City brewing way before Yeungling.

I went to Yuengling first thing in the day and then went to the homebrew stores. One of the guys at Southern Brewing told me about Cigar City so I did end up there. I really liked their setup a lot, but I wasn't real impressed with any of their beers except for the black IPA and the oatmeal raisin cookie brew. They also told me about the Tampa Bay Brewing Company, which I ended up at. That place was pretty cool, the one beer I had was pretty good, and the food was great. I'm pretty sure they added some spent pale malt into their mashed potatoes. It really caught me off-guard at first but then I started to kinda dig it.

Sounds like you hit all the hot spots. I like a lot of the CCB beers. I really like their Jai alai Ipa and the white oak Jai alai.

Back