Gas Monifold Sizes and pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hf1900

Reaction score
Hi,

I am tyro. And could some one let me Would be the most pressure the Gas Manifold need to be used in Beer brewing?
And it mark the 1/4" and 5/16" barb, Does it mean the size of barb diameter? But Why i measure it with vernier caliper is not the result. Need Help!

Thanks

Okay tyro, or hf1900. I need a bit more information first. Are you using just one regulator into the manifold, or are you using secondary regulators after it to have different pressures on different kegs? Until you answer to the contrary, I'll assume you have just the one regulator on your tank. The next question would be do you force carb by overpressurizing and shaking, or do you pressurize to serving pressure and let it sit for a week? Again, for the sake of starting the discussion, we'll assume you force a keg from time to time.

So in this case the highest pressure you would need would be about 30 psi. This is assuming you also have shut off valves on each of the ports so you can isolate them as needed.

As for the barbs, the size indicates the inner diameter of the hose it will accommodate.

Fingers said:
Okay tyro, or hf1900. I need a bit more information first. Are you using just one regulator into the manifold, or are you using secondary regulators after it to have different pressures on different kegs? Until you answer to the contrary, I'll assume you have just the one regulator on your tank. The next question would be do you force carb by overpressurizing and shaking, or do you pressurize to serving pressure and let it sit for a week? Again, for the sake of starting the discussion, we'll assume you force a keg from time to time.

So in this case the highest pressure you would need would be about 30 psi. This is assuming you also have shut off valves on each of the ports so you can isolate them as needed.

As for the barbs, the size indicates the inner diameter of the hose it will accommodate.

Thanks. The presure 30 PSI is no problem.

However I have more quesitons on barb. If I had got the 1/4" and 5/16" barb manifold which mean the diameter of barb Can I get some hose to connect on it?
Or is it standard size of hose? Do I also need to get the same sizes on regulator? Because it need also connect on the hose. Please advise. Thanks

Both 1/4" and 5/16" ID (inner diameter) hose is standard. Most homebrew stores sell it and you can also buy it at hardware stores. I'd stick with hose that is good for potable water or food grade. You can buy a barbed connector for your regulator in the same size too. You'll have to have the same size hose so that it fits on the manifold. The best place to find it is at your local welder's supply store. Places where they sell acetylene, oxygen, and CO2 for welding.

Thanks a lot.

I have got some free Gas Manifold. So I want to use them.
Anyway could you also help to get some pictures for me to show the manifold working?

The barb is rated for a hose size. The actual barbs are bigger than the inner diameter of the hose so they can get a grip.

Back