NCBeernut's Deception Cream Stout vs. Yooper's Oatmeal Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smyrnaquince

Reaction score
Has anyone brewed both NCBeernut's Deception Cream Stout (all grain version) and Yooper's Oatmeal Stout? My wife and I would like a stout that is a bit sweet and thick. Both of these look good. Thanks!

smyrnaquince said:
Has anyone brewed both NCBeernut's Deception Cream Stout (all grain version) and Yooper's Oatmeal Stout? My wife and I would like a stout that is a bit sweet and thick. Both of these look good. Thanks!

Yes, I've brewed both. Both are solid recipes, but if you want sweet go with a milk stout.

Given that Deception is a "Cream" Stout, I would have thought that it was a milk stout. Would you recommend finding a different milk stout recipe or just bumping the lactose up from 0.5 lb to 1.0 lb on Deception?

I've brewed Deception several times. I didn't bother doing it all grain, as I understand it was originally an extract/partial mash brew. I've always stuck to the original recipe and it is one of my favorites

Back