Anyone try or recommend this Thermostat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nexus555

Reaction score
Hey well, I get paid tomorrow and SWMBO said it was okay for me to get a thermostat for a spare refrigerator. I guess she's tired of our place being 65 degrees, and only keeping the fermenter 72. Also it's warming up here in Louisiana, and my electric bill will already be brutual for keeping it at 65 for only 1 week. It will be nice too because not only can I keep a good stable temperature for ales, I may be able to try a few lagers.

Anyways this is the thermostat from midwest supplies. I kind of want to get it there, because they screwed up the shipping on my last order and gave me either free shipping or 15% off next order. Another thing, I can't really spend over $50. I already told her the price, and if I said anything about a $100 thermostat she'll probably freak out. Anyways, have any of you tried this thermostar or have heard good things of it?

Thanks!

Thanks, can't wait!! Can a thermostat get the refrigerator portion (not freezer) to hit 30 degrees F? Or would I need a freezer for that? I have an older (probably 79-85) General Electric fridge. But don't let the age fool you, it's in mint condition and that sucker can stabilize itself within 1 hour (when I got my new frig, I kicked them both on at the same time and the old one cooled faster, lol.)

Thanks again!

Back