Second batch suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChefSpam

Reaction score
So I finished my first brew today. It was a Brewer's Best extract kit, Weizenbier to be exact. However the clerk at my LHBS suggested a liquid yeast from White Labs (Hefeweizen Ale Yeast) instead of the dry Munich that was provided in the kit.

While that batch is doing it's thing in my primary, I want to do my homework and look for something tasty to make next. So I could use a hand from some more experienced brewers/drinkers to figure out an appropriate style/recipe/product?

I typically like lighter bodied beers, but am not opposed to ambers. As far as commercial craft brew's, I've grown to like:
UFO - White or Hefe
Troegs - Dreamweaver Wheat
Brekenridge - Agave Wheat
Southampton - Double White
Leinenkugels - Sunset Wheat
Celis - White
Boont - Amber Ale
Bell's - Amber Ale
Pyramid - Apricot

I'd like to do a few more extract kit's before I step up to more challenging brews. But I'll take any & all suggestions as future input! So if there are any kits you're aware of, or even just general directions you can point me in... I'd be greatly appreciative!

Latest posts

Back