Johnson A419 Digital Thermostat Settings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeTheHopDog

Reaction score
Just put a A419 Digital Thermostat on my Keezer and wonder what settings people are using to get the best out of your freezer. Here are my current settings:

Setpoint = 41
Dif= 3
ASd= 5
SF= 1
OFS= 0

Any advice would be appreciated.

I would personally make the diff lower. Right now with a 3 diff your temps will be 38-44*. I have a diff of 1 on mine. It kicks in more often that way, but it keeps the beer at a more consistant temperature.

I am using mine on a fridge (that insists on getting to 30F when turned up enough but not getting below 45 when turned down). However, my settings are:

40F set point
1 dif
10 minute anti-short cycle

Second the 1 dif - the larger the dif, the larger your "range" of temps will be. With a 1 dif it will turn off and on more often, but that's why I am using the 10 minute anti-short cycle setting - probably could even up it to the max of 12 minutes as the keezer/fridge is not going to rise that many degrees in 12 minutes I wouldn't think. So, even after asd time runs out, it still might not turn back on right away anyway.

Thanks, its seems to stay right at 40* now, but, I'll set it the dif to 1 and kick the ASd up to 10.
Again, thanks for the advice.

Back