What's everyone brewing for National Homebrew Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suthrncomfrt1884

Reaction score
So, as most of you know, National Homebrew Day is May 7th (not to be confused with Big Brew Day on May 1st).

Just wondering what some of you are planning on brewing? I've got a double brew day planned. I'm doing a Peach Saison and a Kiwi Wheat. I haven't done any fruit beers in awhile and these beers seem perfectly suited for the summer months ahead.

Should be a good day...12-15 hours of brewing always gets me excited.

I am planning on brewing up a batch of strawberry wheat. This will be my first AG attempt so I hope all goes well! :mug:

Well, I'm going to have to work my butt off to get something brewed after work, but I intend to make some sort of gluten-free Belgian. Its going to be a low gravity, with Trappist yeast. So an Enkel, I guess.

Won't be brewing unfortunately, but I'll be bottling my Pliny Clone.

Damn, I had no idea May 7th was national homebrew day. I was planning on doing an all grain Amber or St. Arnold's Christmas Ale clone on Sat.....will brewing the day after cut it?

I'm going to brew blacklab's Orange Pale Ale recipe. Though I'm going to switch out some of the Cascade for Simcoe.

I promised SWMBO only to brew on weekends, so I'll be brewing Sat.

My brother is coming over to be my brew assistant. We'll be doing double duty, too, first racking apfelwein to secondary, then starting a 3gal batch of razz-wheat extract recipe, and also putting an Island Mist wine kit (blackberry merlot) into primary. :ban:

I am brewing my session beer version of Avery's Maharajah

and and I am brewing over the weekend, a Lemongrass/Pomegranate Wheat for SWMBO

Leaving work in a couple of hours to brew up an Amarillo/Cascade Ale myself!!!!!

SWMBO's Strawberry Blond. Letting the kids help on this one too. They are 8 and 6 (twins), respectively. It should be an iteresting event to say the least. Thank God some of EdWort's Pale ale is on tap and ready to drink. :drunk:

Brewed 8 gallons of an Oberon clone yesterday and Sunday I am going to do Brew Pastors 8-8-8 RIS. Love me some RIS. :D

SWMBO's Strawberry Blond. Letting the kids help on this one too. They are 8 and 6 (twins), respectively. It should be an iteresting event to say the least. Thank God some of EdWort's Pale ale is on tap and ready to drink. :drunk:

8 yo twins + 6 yo twins = 4 KIDS UNDER 10?!?!?!

You must need a beer every single day. (That's coming from a twin.)

I have a family gathering in a month, so I'm brewing a batch'o Centennial Blonde tonight. :mug:

If it rains I'll have to sneak in some brewing this weekend. At least one batch. I brewed on Tuesday but dropped one of the finished batches all over the hardwood floors. (Note to self, buy drill mixer attachment to oxygenate from now on) ): It takes a lot of towels to soak up 5 gallons of wort. Every single one in the house to be exact... Floors are still sticky after that disaster. At least it wasn't the Green Flash clone that was cooling in the bathtub!

Sorry jumped in disaster mode too quick to take pictures.

Sounds like everyone's got good plans for the weekend. And for the person who asked about timing...I concider the whole weekend National Homebrew Weekend. I'm in the process of brewing my peach saison right now. I decided to wait until a few weeks from now to do my kiwi wheat, but instead I'll be brewing a 2nd batch of lambic tomorrow in order to blend my currently fermenting lambic.

8 yo twins + 6 yo twins = 4 KIDS UNDER 10?!?!?!

You must need a beer every single day. (That's coming from a twin.)

Oops, I meant (1) 8 yr old and (2) 6 yr olds :) . But even with three, the beer does flow regularly around here.

Back