Got my CHL in the mail

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Concealed Handgun License

I feel so much safer now that a guy who posts, "WOOTWOOT" on a home brewing forum's
Drunkin Ramblings and Mindless Mumbles section can carry a gun.

Why did he have to wait in the mail?

I don't blame him for being excited. I don't know how difficult it is to get in TX, but if I ever get mine in this state... after taking the $200.00 weapons safety class (I had a carry/conceal permit in PA, plus I was a Marine, I know weapons safety), getting 5 non-family member references, advertising that I'm doing it in the newspaper, and standing before a judge telling him why I think I need to carry a concealed weapon... I'd be pretty excited too.

He's from Texas. Could be a Cow Humping License. Either guns or bestiality would illicit a "woot woot".

I don't blame him for being excited. I don't know how difficult it is to get in TX, but if I ever get mine in this state... after taking the $200.00 weapons safety class (I had a carry/conceal permit in PA, plus I was a Marine, I know weapons safety), getting 5 non-family member references, advertising that I'm doing it in the newspaper, and standing before a judge telling him why I think I need to carry a concealed weapon... I'd be pretty excited too.

I have looked into it and getting it in Delaware, while expensive, is pretty damn easy.

I'm still waiting for my renewal license, its been 2 months already, I expect another 2 months as well. When I first got it 5 years ago, it showed up 3 weeks later in the mail, things take a bit longer now-a-days, what with everyone and their brother wantin one!

I know someone that has it in PA. From what he told me it sounded like he had to go through hell to get. He said something about partial swat training and what not. Then again he is also the kind of guy that won't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

I know someone that has it in PA. From what he told me it sounded like he had to go through hell to get. He said something about partial swat training and what not. Then again he is also the kind of guy that won't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Unless the laws have changed, the process to get one in PA is county-specific. I got my first one in Schuylkill County back in 1995... walked in to the court house, walked out 15 minutes later with the permit. I got my second one in Montgomery County in 2001. That took a week of background checking, but it was still easy.

Unless the laws have changed, the process to get one in PA is county-specific. I got my first one in Schuylkill County back in 1995... walked in to the court house, walked out 15 minutes later with the permit. I got my second one in Montgomery County in 2001. That took a week of background checking, but it was still easy.

Wow!!! And I had thought that since you just have to take 2 classes in DE that it was easy. He probably got his in Delaware county but I don't know.

In Texas, you have to consent to an FBI and medical background check, take 10 hours of classwork (new registrants), 5 hours (renewal), and shoot and score on the range.

In Texas, you have to consent to an FBI and medical background check, take 10 hours of classwork (new registrants), 5 hours (renewal), and shoot and score on the range.

Wow, who would have thought that. I thought in Texas the only requirement was that you were able to hold the gun. :D

I have looked into it and getting it in Delaware, while expensive, is pretty damn easy.

$150 class in Nebraska, $50 to the state for a very thorough background check/digital fingerprinting.

It is pretty damn easy as long as your record is spotless (i.e. been a good law abiding citizen your entire life).

I was one of the first in NE to get my CCW permit once it was allowed in 2008.

That's awesome!... I think. I would have thought in Vermont, you aren't allowed to look at a gun without a Bachelor of Science in Firearms Safety.:D

I know right? VT and AK are the laxest states left in the country.

Question: What are the Gun Laws in Vermont?
State Requirements
Rifles and Shotguns
* Permit to purchase rifles and shotguns? No.
* Registration of rifles and shotguns? No.
* Licensing of owners of rifles and shotguns? No.
* Permit to carry rifles and shotguns? No.

Handguns
* Permit to purchase handgun? No.
* Registration of handguns? No.
* Licensing of owners of handguns? No.
* Permit to carry handguns? No.

Other Requirements
* Is there a State waiting period? No.
* Is there a FBI *NICS check for firearm transactions? No. State system.
* Permit to carry a concealed weapon required? No.
* Record of sale: Yes.

Not allowed to carry in: Federal Buildings, Schools, and I think places that serve alcohol. Private property is still allowed to require to you not carry or leave premises (our "shopping malls" have this stipulation).

why would you tell the local authorities you are carrying/have a weapon? they'll come for you first!!! viva the black market! ;)

Latest posts

Back