A good day for a 1st batch newbie is...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rankinstein

Reaction score
When you bring a six pack of your first home brew to work for people to take home and try and get an email later in the evening from a coworker (who also brews): "Dude! That's *&$#ing awesome beer!"

:D :D :D

When you bring a six pack of your first home brew to work for people to take home and try and get an email later in the evening from a coworker (who also brews): "Dude! That's *&$#ing awesome beer!"

:D :D :D

I second that.. Although, way back when, when I brewed my first comments were more like "Hey man, your beer tastes like the inside of an a**"

I had a-hole friends back then.. ANYWAY, way to go on the first brew! Theats the biggest compliment of all when your friends chime in...:mug:

applause1234363884.gif

don't get too cocky :p

a lot of non-beerophiles will say it's delicious just because it's a homebrew.

but at least it means that it's not a BAD brew:]

congrats!

Nice, what style beer? Recipe and / or kit (source?)?

It was an Altbier kit from my LHBS (thebeveragepeople.com). It was an extract kit but it included some grain as well.

Who knows how it would have turned out without HBT though. I probably would have just popped it from primary to secondary to the bottle far too quickly. At least now I have a HB to RDWHAHB.

don't get too cocky :p

a lot of non-beerophiles will say it's delicious just because it's a homebrew.

but at least it means that it's not a BAD brew:]

congrats!

Thanks, yeah I was just shooting for "not infected," "not disgusting," or even "drinkable" but it ended up being something even SWMBO likes. I still have a long way to go and a lot to learn.

Back