Sealing up my fermentation box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewkowski

Reaction score
I never really planned on building one, but the other day I was at home depot and they had bathroom vanity cabinets on sale for $7.50 16x18. Not a great size, but you can't beat the price, so I bought some 1/2 inch foam board to insulate with. Is there any preference of tape, caulk, or sealant I should use for those corner spots where the joints come together. I was going to use plain ole duct tape, but thought I'd consult the great oracle first. I'll end up with two layers of 1/2 inch,which should leave me room for a 6 gal carboy and some room for ice or heating pad, depending on the season. Any general advise is welcome.

I did something similar with a cabinet I found at Goodwill... Took it a step farther by adding a mini fridge's guts, but I just used good ol' white latex caulk in the corner joints and seams...
DSC_0088-1.jpg

Plan on getting the textured plastic paneling to finish it off and make it easier to clean and slide things in and out of...

wow, i had been planning on sectioning off a small part of my room into an insulated closet for this, but if i could get a big cheap box that'd be even better!

Back