South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 20!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordura

Reaction score
:fro:--Here we go with round 20!--:fro:
EVERYONE IS WELCOME... NJ PA DE NY MD VA
We run constant Group Buys in the New Jersey/Philadelphia/Delaware Area
Join us and keep homebrewers brewing!
We've been holding in down since Jan 2010! Over a year and a half of spreading the hobby!

THIS GROUP BUY IS NOW CLOSED!
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD TO BE NOTIFIED OF THE NEXT GROUP BUY STARTING IN A FEW WEEKS!!

We need 42 bags of grain to complete this order.
Read more below on how it all works.

Check out the sailes books for pricing:
GRAIN/MALT - NCM Sales Book <---- Take notice to price changes as of 09/14/11
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT AVAILABLE:
  • ANY Briess Grain
  • GW-2ROW/PALE
  • Hops/Hop Extract
  • Fruit Puree
  • BrewCraft items
Pick up location:
Pennsauken, NJ 08110

Pick up date/time:
TBA

Current Order: 42 bags
lordura PAID: 1x FB-PILS, 1/4x BD-CR75
jpoder PAID: 1x FB-PILS (Milled), 1x CM-2ROW (Milled), 1/3x BD-MOPA, 1/3x BZ-SMOK, 1/3x BZ-VIEN
delvec28 PAID: 1x CM-2ROW, 1x CM-MUNH, 2/3x BD-MOPA
infection PAID: 1/2x CM-MUNH, 1/3x GP-FLBLY
ferman PAID: 1/3x GP-FLBLY
bryanjints PAID: 1/3x GP-FLBLY
Dschuetz PAID: 2x CM-PALE, 1/4x BD-CR75, 1x GP-RICE(hulls), 1/3x TF-CHOC
05m50dan PAID: 1x BD-MOPA, 1/4x BD-CR75, 1/6x BZ-SMOK
OLDBREW PAID: 1/4x BD-CR75, 1/6x BZ-SMOK
immyc PAID: 2x CM-2ROW
BrewBeer4fun PAID: 1x BD-MOPA, 2x CM-PALE, 1x BZ-CRPL
Malteddog PAID: 1x BZ-PILS
eugenecatanzaro PAID: 1/2x CM-MUNH
HarkinBanks PAID: 2x CM-2ROW
ercscotty PAID: 1x CM-2ROW, 1/3x BZ-VIEN
pjmark PAID: 1x BD-PALE
robbieo13 PAID: 1x TF-PRL, 1/3x TF-CHOC
tydoug PAID: 1x CM-2ROW
vanwolfhausen PAID: 2x CM-SPIL, 2x CM-2ROW
twobrain: 1x CM-2ROW
DrewC PAID: 1x CM-2ROW
blip01 PAID: 1x CM-2ROW
leaf777 PAID: 1x BZ-CRPL, 1x BZ-DMUN, 1x BZ-PILS, 1x BD-PALE
Ty5592 PAID: 1/3x BZ-SMOK, 1/3x TF-CHOC
wilserbrewer PAID: 1x CM-2ROW, 1x CM-MUNH, 1x CM-PALE
dobe12 PAID: 1/3x BZ-VIEN

How it works: <-----------PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS

1. When looking at the sales book, the pricing is in the "4,000#" bracket. Also, figure in about $4.30/bag for shipping.
  2. If you would like to order StarSan or any acid based chemical, there is a $15 Hazmat fee that will be added to the pallet. It can be split up between multiple people ordering StarSan.
  3. If you would like to split a bag, please post that you are interested in a split (50/50, 3rd bag, 1/4 bag). Once the bag is complete, it will be added to the list.
  4. Once the pallet has been filled, everyone will get an individual invoice for their order which can be paid via PayPal(preferred), Cash, Check & Money Order.
  5. After all orders have been PAID, the complete pallet order will be scheduled for delivery. (Usually within 7 days)
  6. If you have any other questions, just post here and ask.

Some notes on payments:

• Paypal is the preferred method of payment. I strongly suggest using this method to avoid delaying the group buy.
  • When sending a Check/Money Order, PLEASE have it in the mail within 48 hours so it doesn't delay the group buy.
  • Cash can be used IN PERSON. I will not cover any cash lost in the mail!
  • If your payment is not received in a timely manner, you risk losing your spot on the group buy.

Cheers!

I'm also hoping to spilt a bag of BD-CR75:
Bairds Dark Crystal (70-80°L)
Bairds Crystal malts are manufactured using a method similar to that of their Carastan malts except that
the malts are roasted at higher temperatures for longer periods of time. The result is a malt with intense
degrees of caramel and toffee like flavors
I'm in for 1/4 bag

Woo Hoo!

I'm in for:

1x FB-PILS (Milled)
1x CM-2ROW (Milled)

I'd be interested in Starsan if there are others willing to get some as well and split the hazmat fee

I'm also interested in a split of Marris Otter (any supplier is fine with me) (1/3 or 1/4 split)...unlike my other grain in this order, this does not need to be milled.

Hope getting my grain milled is still not a problem...

I'm also interested in a split of Marris Otter (any supplier is fine with me) (1/3 or 1/4 split)...unlike my other grain in this order, this does not need to be milled.

Hope getting my grain milled is still not a problem...

I'm in for:

1/3 BD-MOPA split with jpoder
1x CM-2ROW

I suppose I should bring a bucket or something to split the bag on site? Probably a stupid question, but this is my first group buy! Thanks :mug:

infection 1x - CM-MUNH, 1/3 GP-FLBLY
ferman 1/3 GP-FLBLY
bryanjints 1/3 GP-FLBLY

I am splitting the munich, i'll get the other username and edit later
thanks Jeff

I suppose I should bring a bucket or something to split the bag on site? Probably a stupid question, but this is my first group buy! Thanks :mug:
If you guys get a full bag, i'll add it on. Most of the time everyone brings HomerBuckets from Home Depot to split up grains. If you want to be exact, you'll need a scale of some sort. A fish scale seems to work pretty good.

Got it.

Still looking for one more person to take the last 1/4 of BD-CR75 with me, Bob and Dave.

If you guys get a full bag, i'll add it on. Most of the time everyone brings HomerBuckets from Home Depot to split up grains. If you want to be exact, you'll need a scale of some sort. A fish scale seems to work pretty good."

I don't care too much about being exact. As far as I'm concerned eyeballing it is good enough. But I do have a produce scale that weighs accurately up to 20 lbs and don't mind bringing it. A bucket can sit on it easily.

1X MD-MOPA
I'll finish that split of BD-CR75.
I'd also like to split any other crystal malts 1/5 or 1/4, as well as a bag of smoked malt.

infection 1x - CM-MUNH, 1/3 GP-FLBLY
ferman 1/3 GP-FLBLY
bryanjints 1/3 GP-FLBLY

thanks Jeff

Jeff can you change my CM-MUNH to:
1/2 - CM-MUNH Infection
1/2 - CM-MUNH eugenecatanzaro

Lordura ,I'll do 1/4 BD-CR75
2 cm pale
looking to split a rice hulls...

Dschuetz, I'd be interested in splitting the rice hulls. I play softball in Warrington/Hatfield. Maybe you could grab the whole bag and we can split later?

I'm pretty set on all my grains.

If someone is willing to split, I would add

1/2x CM-MUNH

Thanks!

Geez, I need to be more organized :drunk:

Add 1x CM-MUNH for me.

Talked to a buddy who will take some off my hands if I go for the full bag. Thanks so much!

2 Sack CM Pilsner
2 Sacks CM 2-Row

Sorry I think I did on my phone and originally wrote Country instead of Canada.

Geez, I need to be more organized :drunk:
Add 1x CM-MUNH for me.
Talked to a buddy who will take some off my hands if I go for the full bag. Thanks so much!
You are already in on a bag with jpoder. Are you dropping that split and taking a whole bag? If so, please inform jpoder.

2 Sack Country Malz Pilsner
2 Sacks Country Malz 2-Row
You are referring to Canadian Malting right?

looking to split a brick of ricehulls...
Are you and BrewThruYou going 50/50 on a sack or are you trying to get more people involved?

No, I still want to do the split with jpoder on Maris Otter. I was referring to my previous post on a split with Munich.

So my order is for:

1x CM-2ROW
1x CM-MUNH
2/3x BD-MOPA w/ jpoder

Sorry for any confusion!

Dschuetz, I'd be interested in splitting the rice hulls. I play softball in Warrington/Hatfield. Maybe you could grab the whole bag and we can split later?

I'm pretty set on all my grains.

sorry I didn't see your reply. I'm happy to go 50/50 on the rice hulls. it's only 20.00 so I guess just put me down for the whole thing and you can split it up with me later.

I can't believe this round isn't full / closed yet! What is going on around here?! I think the last round I participated in closed in ~24 hours (and this one has been going since Sunday)! Has Philly / Jersey finally had their fill of grain / beer?

I would have thought that many shut down their breweries for the summer and would be looking to get stocked up for the fall and winter brewing season.

Come on people! There is no way to brew for less $$$.

I can't believe this round isn't full / closed yet! What is going on around here?! I think the last round I participated in closed in ~24 hours (and this one has been going since Sunday)! Has Philly / Jersey finally had their fill of grain / beer?

I would have thought that many shut down their breweries for the summer and would be looking to get stocked up for the fall and winter brewing season.

Come on people! There is no way to brew for less $$$.

I was thinking the same thing. This is my first grain buy, but I've lurked for months and this one has lasted longer than I expected.

I'm getting some hops in bulk, too, so I should be good to go for my next 6-8 batches after this pickup! :rockin:

It's pretty normal... 3 or 4 will fill up extremely fast then one will drag a bit.

We still need another 13 bags.

if someone from north/central jersey could pick up an extra bag for me from the pick up location i would order a bag (1x CM-2ROW). i dont think i will have time to pick it up on a weekday that far south

thanks!

--------
please put me down for 1x CM-2ROW

tydoug will be picking it up for me!

thanks!!!!!

Back