MD spring brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, MD brewday is sort of a conservative (but unaffiliated) event...you're still welcome to come and criticize the current government and talk about how much we like guns. :)

A bunch of guys getting drunk off of beer and mead doesn't sound like the healthiest environment for political debate. :p

Oh, it works. At Ryan's brewday, I called al a liberal and got him to admit I was kinda right lol

for those at my brewday, that first beer, the one with all the issues, might be the best beer I ever made. Just sampled the bad boy. De-freaking-licious. How do I ever replicate this one...

I should have most of the ingredients on hand, but may need to get some hops. Let me check my stock and the recipe. Will let you know tomorrow.

Doesn't matter to me. Mine will be available for anyone to use if we use yours. If it makes it easier that you don't have to drag all your stuff down, then we can use mine.

I'll have you know, I have brewed again since the epic fail, and with the new config it worked perfectly. Amazingly enough, no one was there to witness it.

I might be not really sure, need to talk to Mike and Al first.

But I can provide equipment, ingredients and finish up the brew if I do get a brew partner, I would not be able to start it however, I gotta work in Baltimore for at least half the day.

I would definitely be down for that, if I didn't have a business meeting to go to. Business... always getting in the way of mah pleasure! Have a few for me and I'll try to make the next one. Would be nice to meet some new cool people. :mug:

Don't know what you're talking about man. I know I'm doing a Saison with Ryan - did you talk to Mike about splitting a batch?

Nah,

It's a guard weekend. And I gotta be there Sunday morning early, so if there is a couch to crash on, I can split a batch with Cugel and be there for at least the second half of the brewday saturday but I hate to ask again, you guys are probably getting sick of me :)

I would definitely be down for that, if I didn't have a business meeting to go to. Business... always getting in the way of mah pleasure! Have a few for me and I'll try to make the next one. Would be nice to meet some new cool people. :mug:

Nice to see another Fredneck in the group.

Hey Al, here is my thoughts on a recipe (from Farmhouse Ales)

I have the pils and the Styrian Goldings. You wanna get the EKGs and the wheat? I am sure I have the sugar too. Yeast is up to us?

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: Saiison
Brewer: Ryan R Lockard
Asst Brewer: Al
Style: Saison
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 10.00 gal
Boil Size: 12.00 gal
Estimated OG: 1.061 SG
Estimated Color: 6.2 SRM
Estimated IBU: 27.5 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 72.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
18.00 lb Pilsner (2 Row) Ger (2.0 SRM) Grain 81.82 %
2.00 lb Wheat Malt, Ger (2.0 SRM) Grain 9.09 %
1.00 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) Grain 4.55 %
2.50 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] (60 min) Hops 20.9 IBU
1.00 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] (20 min) Hops 5.1 IBU
2.00 oz Styrian Goldings [5.40 %] (2 min) Hops 1.5 IBU
1.00 lb Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0.0 SRM) Sugar 4.55 %
1 Pkgs French Saison (Wyeast #3711) [Starter 2000Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Light Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 21.00 lb
----------------------------
Single Infusion, Light Body, Batch Sparge
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
75 min Mash In Add 26.25 qt of water at 156.8 F 146.0 F

View attachment recipes.bsm

Nah,

It's a guard weekend. And I gotta be there Sunday morning early, so if there is a couch to crash on, I can split a batch with Cugel and be there for at least the second half of the brewday saturday but I hate to ask again, you guys are probably getting sick of me :)

You're welcome to crash any time.

Hey Al, here is my thoughts on a recipe (from Farmhouse Ales)

I have the pils and the Styrian Goldings. You wanna get the EKGs and the wheat? I am sure I have the sugar too. Yeast is up to us?

View attachment 15142

Wow, that's a whole lot of pils and not so much wheat. I'm down for anything though, if you trust the recipe - then I'm in. I'll get the wheat and EKGs. I'll grab yeast at the store, you need me to pick anything up for you?

I'm still trying to decide what I want to brew. I should have thought to bottle that ESB for brewday. I doubt it would be ready after 1 week in the bottle...

Back