Need a little help with a brewery name.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MediaMikes

Reaction score
I wanted to include my English Bull Terrier (Spuds McKenzie look-a-like) in the name somehow. Her name is Marley's General Patton and she has little brown spots all over her ears and body.

So far I have come up with:

Bullie Dog Brewery
Spotty Dog Brewery
Spotted Dog Brewery
Freckled Dog Brewery

I am at a loss though, as the ones I have come up with are somewhat boring and I would like to have one that is well, cool and unique.

Here is a couple of pictures of her.

DSC00006_fs.gif

When she was a pup:
175704928-M_fs.gif

DSC00056.JPG

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

How about Marley's General Patton Brewery. The photo shop your dog to have dreads and wearing a army uniforn like Patton?

I was wanting to do just that with that picture. If anybody does have the time to put something together I would appreciate it since I am horrible with photoshop.

Oakwolf, I love it. I never would have thought of that and I say it to her all the time.

Brewpastor, "If the beer won't get you the dog will..." is awesome.

If you two don't mind I might look into incorporating the two together and see what happens.

this is why I love this board, everybody pitches in with their own two cents. I'm not very imaginative so it's hard for me to come up with things like this.

Thanks everyone.

aekdbbop, your logo is probably one of the most professional and most balanced one I have seen. Did you create it?

Wow. Nice, nice, nice work.

Here's something else. Hoping to create the "whoa, am I already buzzed?" feeling, to go with the motto.

doghead1.jpg

Edit: Maybe a beer label here, not a brewery name?

Well, just finished my first brew and got it into the fermenter. I started at 7 and finished at 9:30. Not too bad I don't think. I even sterilized stuff I didn't end up using. Oh well, better to be safe then sorry.

aekdbbop, do you mind if I use the label that based the colors off of yours for the Liberty Cream Ale I made tonight?

I want to make sure I don't step on anybodies feet with my labels.

I really appreciate all the additions that everyone has contributed, I have saved them all and will definitely use them all based on the beer I make in the future.

This place rocks!!!!!!!!

:rockin:

Please don't quit contributing labels and brewery names. The more I see the more I get inspired. And I promise, I will contribute back. I have a full CS3 version of photoshop and dreamweaver.

I can build decent basic websites and don't mind trading. I can even host it.

Well, it never fails, baby girl Marley just gave me another idea. She does it all the time when she wants to play.

Snarling Toothe Brewery

What do ya'll think?

MediaMikes said:
What do you think of this?

seal.gif

The dog in that logo looks like it came from one of the existing members labels/logo, if I recall. Also, I may be mistaken, but I believe he paid to have his label/logo designed by another member on here who is a graphic designer (who also designed mine)...

I don't think it would be a good idea to use this one...

Your dog is cute though! :rockin:

Well, I guess its not the guys main brewery label. I found the post and there is another main logo that The Black Dog Brewery uses... but this is one he also uses:

Untitled-1-1.jpg

EDIT: Here's the other. Billpa does good work!

smalllogo.jpg

RoaringBrewer said:
The dog in that logo looks like it came from one of the existing members labels/logo, if I recall. Also, I may be mistaken, but I believe he paid to have his label/logo designed by another member on here who is a graphic designer (who also designed mine)...

I don't think it would be a good idea to use this one...

Your dog is cute though! :rockin:

I got the picture of that dog off of the free label generator site that was posted here.

MediaMikes said:
I got the picture of that dog off of the free label generator site that was posted here.

Not a big deal really - graphic artists even take 'clip-art' from other places and work with it. I was just saying, for purposes of wanting to post your labels up on this site, someone already had a pretty substantial label designed with that image.

If you don't mind your image looking similar to someone elses, and you don't "step on the toes" of the other party, it doesn't make one bit of a difference to me!

Oh, I agree 100%. I wasn't planning on using it. He did have a really nice label made up with it though. Who was that did again?

MediaMikes said:
Oh, I agree 100%. I wasn't planning on using it. He did have a really nice label made up with it though. Who was that did again?

Billpa designed the logo for another member - I don't recall the other member's name off the top of my head, but I'll dig it up!

Those are jnorris's labels. I designed both of them although the first dog was provided to me by him and I changed it around quite a bit. I think he ripped it off google images. EDIT...i guess it pulled it off that free label generator. Ultimately he wanted something different and thats where the second and "official" logo came from.

Cheers,
Bill

Latest posts

Back