Like a kid at Christmas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catfish

Art by David Shrigley
Reaction score
Well I ordered some supplies a bit ago (first week of October) and they have finally arrived. I barely know what'll be in the box it was so long ago. You folks with a LHS are lucky.

Just thought I'd put up a quick post before shoveling all the packing peanuts onto the floor and rolling around in them. :p

Nice!

I just stopped by my LHBS at lunch, and yes, I do consider myself lucky. got the stuffings for another run of Pale Ale that should be just ready for x-mas.

I ordered from Grape and Grain out of Ohio, I got 4 of their recipe kits (nice looking kits, steeping grains, malt extract and pellet hops) dry stout, American pale ale, porter and the imperial pale ale. I also picked up a secomd secondary (better bottle) and bottle caps (sort of like socks at Christmas time, not too exciting but you love em when you need em).

I'm psyced about the Imperial PA. it boasts 10lbs of extract, 6 hop additions (100+ IBUs) and a SG of 1.084. It's based on Stone Brewing's Ruination IPA, something I haven't had, but like the sounds of.

mmmmmm...sounds PDG! hope you have room for all the fermenters over there!!!! those houses are small hu? :~)

We're lucky to have a house (as opposed to an apartment). I'm gradually taking over the cupboard under the stairs, my wife is not objecting much... yet.

eh, she's gotta cut you some slack, hu? your in freak'n Japan!

you must brew hog-wild when you get stuff in? i sure as hell know i would.

Ruination IPA is excellent. Right up there with Tongue Splitter. Not a session ale except, as observed here, for very short seessions.

Latest posts

Back