What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Converted keg: Braggot (12%)
Sour primary: Flanders Red
Glass jugs: 1.5 gallons of Mead
Carboys: One batch of Kentucky Common Farmhouse split into 3 batches: US-05, US-05 plus Brett brux secondary, Brett Brux alone.

even experienced brewers have a bad day. let me preface this with saying i started with drinking an iipa ( hop czar ), then a bock ( 6.2 % ), then another iipa ( another hop czar ), and that was way before i started brewing. i also have a pool table, and was playing pool with my brother and a couple neighbors. then i hit the taps. 2 or 3 stouts, 2 or 3 lagers, and i'm ready to brew. went for a simple easy extract since i'd done a lot of drinking already. got the water boiling, and added the extract. kept drinking. 45 minutes later, realized i hadn't added any hops. added some more water to account for boiloff, and added the hops, and reset the timer. realized i hadn't added the adjuncts, so i added them with about 20 minutes left, and finished the boil. don't know what the end result will be, but probably not bad

image-1032880450.jpg

My blonde ale right before kegging

Cooper's Canadian Blonde mixed up with a Munton's Beer Kit Enhancer and an extra 200 grams of dextrose. My little brother (younger than me but a lot bigger) did me a big favour recently so I figured I brew him up a batch of this as a small thank you. Him and his buddies seem to enjoy the blonde done up like this.

Today (and left to right) I have a Dark Ale, and an IPA with all home grown hops, nearing the end of primary; an ESB and an IIPA just brewed yesterday afternoon and starting to really get going in primary; and an American Wheat and a Blonde that just started cold-crashing this afternoon.

abmar31201303.jpg

My temperature-controlled facilities are pretty much maxxed out right now. I've done six batches in three weeks to get the pipeline refilled after a long winter, and I'll do another two batches this weekend after kegging the Wheat and Blonde on Friday...

Cheers!

I've got a Belgium black wit fermenting right now and enjoying a incredible rye ipa that had been bottled for 2 weeks going to do a lemon wheat next

Cascade/Citra/Chinook IPA with burton ale yeast Golden promise/Kolsh malt. May dryhop with Centennial and oak it for a week also. Low 60's steady ferment right now about 30 hours,it may be blowing off soon-super thick angry-head on it.

5 gallons Tom's Spring Thing AM-Hefe
5 gallons Spring Fever Blonde / S-04
5 galons Spring Fever Blonde / Burton Ale
5 Gallons K & D's Special Lager / Saflager 23
5 gallons K & D's Special Lager / American Lager
5 gallons Orange American Wheat

It's been a busy winter/spring, and I have a lot of fermenters available to me, so...

1. Arkador's Dunkelweizen - 5gal
2. Basic Wit - 5gal
3. Throwndown APA (local competition) - 5gal
4. Honey Mild - 3gal
5. Chamomile Honey Wheat Beer - 4gal
6. Cascade Willamette IPA - 5gal
7. Mild Styrian Ale (2nd runnings from IPA mash) - 1gal
8. Big fat belgian Dubbel - 5gal
9. Fresh pressed apple cider - 5gal

5 of those are ready for bottling. I'm really really wishing I was setup for kegging. That's the main reason why things are sitting, I just don't want to take the time to bottle.

I have a Mixed Berry (raspberry, blackberry, strawberry) Wheat that just went into the secondary.

It was my first AG and it didn't run as smoothly as I would have liked. But I now know where I can make changes to my process. On the bright side, I tasted some when transferring to secondary and it was delicious. I can't wait to have it when its ready :mug:

Botled v2 of my Hopped & Confused about a week ago,drained PBW soak out of fermenter #2 into bottling bucket to soak for an hour. Then rinse & sanitize both. Dark hybrid lager in bottles three weeks tomorrow with 5 in the fridge yesterday afternoon. Crystal clear & hoping the new SA bench capper solved another lil problem.
I think the Super Agata works a bit better than the other one midwest sells $6 cheaper...caps seem to go on "looking" tighter on the sides.

Back