Best Online Brew Supply Shop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orkojoker

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase some ingredients for my first non-all-extract brew. Unfortunately, my local brew shop is a little skimpy in its selection, and the next nearest shop is an hour and a half away, so I'm looking for a good online vendor.

I notice many vendors seem to have a flat shipping rate of seven or eight bucks. Is this standard? I would hate to have to pay such a rate for a couple ounces of specialty grains and hops. Still, it would cost me less than driving a 150-mile round trip to a decent shop.

Can anyone offer some advice regarding which online vendors you have had satisfactory transactions with?

Much appreciated, as always.

Northernbrewer.com, Austin homebrew supplies, Midwest, homebrew.org have all been pretty good for me. Depends on what you're looking for...supplies? Equipment? Kegging?

cost is what you pay, value is what you get. an hour and a half drive is gonna use a helluva lot more than $7 worth of gas

Thanks for the tips folks! I wouldn't mind the flat rate were I planning to buy a goodly amount of merchandise, but if I only want five or six bucks worth of items, I'd like to avoid doubling the price if possible. Looks like I have some options. If only I didn't live in the middle of nowhere.

I buy most of my stuff thru norther brewer. Customer service is excellent, and you cant really beat the flat rate shipping. $7.99 doesn't go to far in the shipping world these days. I usually price our between NB and one other, and 99% of the time NB works out the best for me.

So far I've only used Austin Homebrew Supply. They are coming out better than other flat-rate shipping deals and lower priced items/full shipping cost outfits too.

I always try to hit the $100 mark to so that the shipping is free.

I've had great luck with Northern brewer they charge like 7.99 flat rate except on 50+ lbs of grain and the service / info is the best . I've also got really good pricing and sevice from midwest but I only buy kegs / equip. from midwest as their pricing is lower on these items.

Back