Perforated Stainless false bottom for 70qt Coleman Xtreme ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewfeller

Reaction score
Has anyone made a perforated stainless false bottom for a 70qt Coleman Xtreme roller cooler?
It has an oddly shaped bottom due to the recessed wheel wells but I want to try making a false bottom for it.
I found this ...
http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?pid=13533&step=4&id=1002&top_cat=1

So I suppose it is just a matter of cutting and shaping the metal to fit.
Has anybody done this with their 70qt Coleman Xtreme cooler?

I haven't seen it...most folks do a manifold or braid and get good results. You're probably gonna have a hard time sealing it with such a large perimeter.

I was gonna order some perf SS and make a fb for my 70qt Coleman... I figure if you get it close enough to the sides, you can split some thin silicone tubing to fill any gaps along the edges...

Then again, I am working on a bottom drain keg-based MLT with full false bottom as my next project...

I did a manifold with 1/2" SS tubing and compression fittings with holes drilled in it. Never once had a stuck mash and I've brewed 20+ times with it. I remove the manifold (by untwisting the compressing nut by hand) each time I brew to clean it. Pics:
549-img-2132.jpg

550-img-2133.jpg

554-img-2135.jpg

555-img-2138.jpg

552-img-2137.jpg

553-img-2140.jpg

Back