Hello from State College

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldSole

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I live in State College and work at PSU, and I have been a homebrewer for the past five years. Got started right after college and brewed all through grad school, though when I first moved out here in PA my small apartment discouraged me from brewing for a good year (this was after having the luxury of renting a room in a friend's house for two years). Now I finally have a kegging system and a more organized homebrewery tailored to my small living space. I've been at it more than ever these days!

In the entire time I've been brewing I've never joined a forum, but I've lurked plenty. Hoping I can give something back to the community while continuing to learn.

So true... I used to work at 'The corner room' and 'Zenos'... which is where my good beer habits developed. Dick Yuengling used to come in once or twice a year.

50 cent pitchers of Yuengling and $1 nachos ruled. I was up for arts festival last year and it appears that Zenos has majorly lowered the number of micros they carry.

I used to fly Saab 340's in and out of State College when I was cutting my airline teeth. Loved the place, well... most of the year. Welcome to the board!

Thanks for the welcoming everyone! Glad to see there are plenty of homebrewers in this town...now we just need a decent LHBS.

Back