Temperature Controllers which is best

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gr3

Reaction score
We are building a unit and want to use the best controller in them. I wanting to see what peoples experiences have been.
Thanks

"A Unit" could be just about anything.

How about some details?

Different applications require different control equipment.

Which PIN OR PID is the most dependable. As long that we have 2 readouts one for set and actual. 2 Alarms. Would like to be able to have Fahrenheit and Celsius. That should cover us. I know they are all built in China just wondering if one better than other.

In my experience most are pretty good in terms of intrinsic reliability.
The workmanship and quality of the installation and setup/configuration is what makes or breaks the system's reliability.

some only have celcius readout like the really cheap rex c100 units... I would have to say the 2 most commonly used ones here are auberins and MYPIN ... I use mypins and they work very well for me. the td4 has manual pwm mode or pid mode and have a short cycle time which allows precise control.

I'll be following this thread, as I'm planning my move to electric. Looking forward to additional information. I've had my eye on the TD4, but I can't seem to find a vendor at the moment.

I'll be following this thread, as I'm planning my move to electric. Looking forward to additional information. I've had my eye on the TD4, but I can't seem to find a vendor at the moment.

Just search "td4 temperature controller" on amazon or ebay... There are lots of venders selling them located here in the states..

Dont search "mypin td4 or they wont come up for some very odd reason... only the TA series pids are labeled as mypin on amazon of ebay even though they all are physically branded as mypins... even the ones sold as "APGTEK" on amazon and newegg..

Dont search "mypin td4 or they wont come up for some very odd reason... only the TA series pids are labeled as mypin on amazon of ebay even though they all are physically branded as mypins... even the ones sold as "APGTEK" on amazon and newegg..

Ahha, that was the problem. Crazy I couldn't find a single td4 until I removed "mypin" from the search. Thanks!

Back