everyone has a "don't brew when your drunk" story.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joos

Reaction score
I don't usually have any problems,but last night I brewed up a chimay grand reserve clone.Everything went just fine.I had a lot of friends over that I haven't seen in a while.One of which is a huge pot head and doesn't drink a lot of beer.I got him to drink a golden monkey and told him I'd smoke with him.(I Do not smoke pot and remembered why last night)I already drank a sixer of golden monkey,a chimay blue,and a bomber of stone barley wine.I was fine until 3 hits of some really potent marijuana.I then got really light headed and decided to lie down for a little while.So long story short I woke up this morning to find my fermenter (a bucket) with no lid no yeast next to an open window.I really hope it comes out ok.So the moral of the story is stick to the legal stuff kiddies!

LMAO! At least when you stick with beer you can get accidentally hammered and wake up to find it all done properly by the magical beer fairies (Who must surely have been responsible)

Beer fairies help me out all the time.They sprinkle the magic stay awake till you pitch the yeast dust,and everything works out great.It's those damn THC gnomes that say NO! You must pass out and F up your beer!

Beer fairies help me out all the time.They sprinkle the magic stay awake till you pitch the yeast dust,and everything works out great.It's those damn THC gnomes that say NO! You must pass out and F up your beer!

Now there is a coincidence! THC are my real life initials, and I am, indeed a gnome. Sorry for messing up your brew day, but i don't remember doing it either. :(

I siphoned about half of a batch into a gallon of sanitizing solution before I realized it one time..... wasn't drunk, just distracted.

I can't even imagine brewing after smoking. I pretty much forget how to talk, let alone something as complicated as boiling water and putting stuff in it.

its not the thc gnomes that are the problem, its when the thc gnomes start hanging around the beer fairies, then of course someones mother gets insulted and we see the results.

Thank the beer gods I didn't do it before I brewed.I have a very good chance of some wild yeasts getting in there though.Sour chimay just wouldn't taste good.Or maybe it will and I'll have to work it into the recipe.
Mash
boil
hop
candy sugar
hop
extract
1 more hop addition(miller lite style)
Get completely FUBAR and pass out.
wake up to a sour belgian:mug:

haha of all posts to make it into someones signature.Thanks gildog.

Thank you.If it comes out good Ill keep it in my recipes under stoned monk lambic.

So long story short I woke up this morning to find my fermenter (a bucket) with no lid no yeast next to an open window.I really hope it comes out ok.So the moral of the story is stick to the legal stuff kiddies!

Why don't you just dump it back into the pot and bring it to a boil again? You'll destroy your aroma hops and get more bittering but you can adjust for that. At least you'll know that the nasties are gone.

I was thinking about that fingers.But as you just said I would lose aroma/flavoring hops,And I don't have any left:(LHBS isnt open till thursday.So I just pitched my yeast and am hoping for the best.

haha Gnomes parents were probably hippies.Yours are just mean.

My chimay clone is fermenting nicely and smells like its supposed to:DI'll be trying a hydro sample in a couple days.crossing my fingers that its not sour.Oh and Iv'e been off the pipe since the incident:mug:

It's Awesome!! I tried one last month and it was decent,but now it is delicious.No sourness at all.

I'd like to know how it comes out.I used 3787 and it is pretty damn close.

Back