thinking about trying

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrapy2

Reaction score
I resently found a beer making set up at the local land fill, no kidding 2 buckets hydrometer capper caps and a can of beer brew dont know if i should use it? it is a english ipa think it might not be any good . dose anyone know?? edme microbrewery series.. think i would like to try one from scratch. well i just wanted to say hi and to brag of my good dump pick !!!! ha ha dave.....

I don't know buddy, sanitary conditions are a must for brewing beer. I don't think I could get anything from the dump clean enough to use. Even if I did, the thought of where it came from would be stuck in my head forever. Good luck if you decide to try it, let us know if you live. :D

There is so much wrong with this post in so many ways. Don't mean to be an EAC, but this seems a little weird. :eek:

Note to mods: please ban garrapy2 from any future beer swaps :cross:

Personally, I'd steer clear but if you decide to go ahead with it, here's some potential label text:

Dave's Dump Divin' Ale
The secret to this unique brew is the aging process used for the malt extract...toxic chemicals first weaken the metal of the extract can; this allows the essence of other surrounding (secret!) organic and non-organic materials to permeate the extract, giving this brew a "terroir" all its own! Special wild yeast (?) strains contribute subtle esters, phenols and VOCs. Finally, a hint of methane on the nose really brings out the hop aroma.

You have to brew it, include the buckets if they are all inclusive and pass a visual inspection, they will add just that much more horried visions to the brew.

Will add, if you never brewed before and have to research what the heck you need to do, really not worth the effort given what your return is going be.

well guys i appreciate the support.. i will probably rinse the buckets out first..nothing ventured nothing gained. what dont kill ya can only get u buzzed.

its not like rats were fighting over it guys.there is a place at our dump for folks to put reuseable stuff. its not like i am going to get the bottles there..

so it wasn't actually IN the landfill like your original post implied.

that does change things a bit. go for it!

Back