The Big Box of Yum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here goes the Current List as of 7.23.14!

WOBrien - Plymouth Meeting, PA
JohnnyHitch - Suffolk County, NY
TheMan - IL
Hello - NC
JMCM_Brew - Salisbury, MD
JWerner - Laport, MN
BigMike - Long Island, NY
JTD_419 - Pomeroy, WA
DrPhunk - Rockford, IL
DarthCitra - Huntingdon Beach, CA
Fernsanity - Dallastown, PA
Canti4341 - Plano, TX
BFord - Houston, TX
Leubega - Davis, CA
ColdCrash - Hanover, PA
InvictusBrew - ??
Val214 - Long Beach, CA
BGBC - Jersey City, NJ
IGotSand - Vista, CA

Thought we had more. Maybe we can just blind side people in the middle states with a BIF box to keep it going cross country?

Not sure how I missed this for so long, but glad I found it before that scrapple makes it into the Randall.

Assuming/hoping that is a grapefruit and not an onion...

Not sure how I missed this for so long, but glad I found it before that scrapple makes it into the Randall.

Assuming/hoping that is a grapefruit and not an onion...

Actually may not be a bad idea! Lol
Aye, that's a grapefruit. I have a folder included in the box that has the list of recipes. Each person should include 1 new page of a few recipes for the recipient to try out.
I'll add you to the interested parties in the morning

This is my first time acting as a moderator of a thread, any suggestions that you think would keep this rolling forever would be welcome

We may want to implement a time limit with the box...I can see that dragging things if someone holds the randall for 2 months lol

Max of 1 month would be my suggestion. But I think shorter is ample time. 3 weeks?

That sounds good. This way you hopefully shouldn't have to hound people to ship it. I think any longer and the person might even forget they have it! Haha

Not sure if people are gonna do this, but I am. Randalled half the gandhi with 3 grams of whole leaf cascades. The side by side was interesting. Preferred the randalled version. Then I picked about 6 hops from my bine out back, rolled them in my hands and randalled with Spring House's citra must be deatroyed. Again, preferred the randalled version. A little grassy but the hop oils came through enough to give it a nice hop flavor.
Not sure if i'd run any superhots through the BBOY randall. Don't wanna give it any flavor that it would hold on to. But my recipient will be getting some spicy peppers to experiment with. Homegrown of course. This is such an awesome thread. Big thanks to Theman and Beermeduffman for coming up with a great idea. I already have a buttload of ideas for what I'm sending. Hope it winds up being as dope as what I received

Mike, if I had known you were a big pepper kinda of guy, I would of sent you some things I picked up that I'm including on my next box to theman. Blueberry and Strawberry Pepper Jam fresh from a Jersey farm.

Mike, if I had known you were a big pepper kinda of guy, I would of sent you some things I picked up that I'm including on my next box to theman. Blueberry and Strawberry Pepper Jam fresh from a Jersey farm.

Strawberry pepper Jam sounds interesting, we dont have that over on this coast! Is this for beer or toast?

Sub'd! Cant wait til this hits the west coast! Too many good choices to Randall with Mexican food! Time to start experimenting now!

Here goes the Current List as of 7.23.14!

WOBrien - Plymouth Meeting, PA
JohnnyHitch - Suffolk County, NY
TheMan - IL
Hello - NC
JMCM_Brew - Salisbury, MD
JWerner - Laport, MN
BigMike - Long Island, NY
JTD_419 - Pomeroy, WA
DrPhunk - Rockford, IL
DarthCitra - Huntingdon Beach, CA
Fernsanity - Dallastown, PA
Canti4341 - Plano, TX
BFord - Houston, TX
Leubega - Davis, CA
ColdCrash - Hanover, PA
InvictusBrew - ??
Val214 - Long Beach, CA
BGBC - Jersey City, NJ
IGotSand - Vista, CA
AbsoluteHamm - Lombard, IL

Thought we had more. Maybe we can just blind side people in the middle states with a BIF box to keep it going cross country?

Psh, if it getd to me, ill get it to the west coast no problems lol

Ive got a packaging idea...

Maybe a mini igloo cooler with a few ice packs...I agree with beermeduffman dry ice would scare me.

Theres a lot of smart minds on this forum. Someone will come up with the winning idea that allows us cross country shipping with zero worries...eventually haha

I am confused and intrigued…which is not uncommon.

The box goes around the country from one person to another. Whoever has the box gets to send it to a person on HBT of their choice, preferably somebody active on this thread or within the trading community that is active.
You basically want to keep it within a one or two day shipping time frame to ensure that the cooler bag filled with local food yummery stays cold.
For the Randall, you pick a slew of ingredients you want your recipient to try out along with some matching brews.
If you were curious on how the Randall works, check out the below video;

Not only informative but actually pretty damned funny!
I had a green folder in the box that started off our own personal recipe book. Each person will add a page with however many recipes they want their recipient to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been able to think of anything BUT randall combos and what to send that really screams NYC. I have a food item picked out that i'll get the day I ship. more experimenting is necessary.

I haven't been able to think of anything BUT randall combos and what to send that really screams NYC. I have a food item picked out that i'll get the day I ship. more experimenting is necessary.

Seeing what you post on untappd is honestly something I'm really looking forward to.

Latest posts

Back