Strawberry Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottMathsonPro

Reaction score
CAn anyone refer me to a recipe for or any ideas towards creating a smooth seasonal strawberry ale?
I have been wanting to surprise my girlfriend with this, and of course pleasing my palate as well.
I really appreciate the input, thanks!
-Scott

if i want to brew a strawberry ale, i brew up a centennial blonde, use us-05 instead of nottingham, ferment for a week, rack onto the berries for a week, then keg

I made 10 gallons of centenial blonde last month split the batch and added 8 lbs of frozen strawberries into one secondary and drand the other 5 gallons unaltered it turned out really nice.

if i want to brew a strawberry ale, i brew up a centennial blonde, use us-05 instead of nottingham, ferment for a week, rack onto the berries for a week, then keg

^this

Blonde really lends itself well to strawberry, especially since it is easy to lose the strawberry flavor in complex beers. I just did a strawberry blonde and ended up using about 1.5ppg of strawberry and it came out with just the right hint of strawberry flavor to not overtake the rest of the beer.

My favorite strawberry beer was a Maris Otter/Willamette SMaSH that came out great.
1# frozen strawberries per gallon in secondary for a week.

Back