Brewers Hardware????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't expect things to ship next day unless I pay for it.

Why not? How long should a vendor sit on your order before they decide to get around to shipping it to you?

I understand paying extra for a faster method of shipping, but the shipment should go out the door of the store itself that day or the very next day, regardless of whether it's going to take 3 or 5 days to get to me. Anything less is unacceptable.

Why not? How long should a vendor sit on your order before they decide to get around to shipping it to you?

I understand paying extra for a faster method of shipping, but the shipment should go out the door of the store itself that day or the very next day, regardless of whether it's going to take 3 or 5 days to get to me. Anything less is unacceptable.
I just normally wait until the 2nd day before I get wiggly. At least for vendors like this.

I have ordered from this vendor a number of times without incident but my last order in mid November did not go well. The order did not get shipped at all. After an initial response about my order status (they were understaffed and behind), my other requests went unanswered. After 3 weeks with no response, I contacted PayPal and submitted a complaint. I waited for two weeks while they requested Brewers Hardware to respond. They did not respond at all so PayPal ruled in my favor and refunded my order value (roughly $350). I am torn because the items I have received are of good quality but I question if I will get them or not. Something is going on and folks need to be aware of the possible risk involved with ordering from them. Especially if you need something in a hurry and one item is on back order as you will not receive any items on the order and you will also not get any indication that is the case.

I am torn because the items I have received are of good quality but I question if I will get them or not. Something is going on and folks need to be aware of the possible risk involved with ordering from them.

Have you called them? They do answer the phone and actually talk to people.

I have bought A LOT from Brewers Hardware and go to their physical business regularly. They get swamped at this time of year with all the holiday shopping. I almost feel bad going in to pick up items because the warehouse guys are incredibly busy pulling and packing orders. Believe me, you're not at any risk ordering from them. They might get behind on answering questions, but their products are great and nobody there is trying to rip anyone off.

I had them build the frame for my new stand and I've bought their kettles and many other items there. Believe me when I say this.... they are some of the best guys I've met in the business - they just get extremely busy.

They were great when I accidently bricked my new bcs trying to update it. They went above and beyond by sending me a new one with a prepaid return package to send the bricked one back. The only issue I have is lately my nortons is blocking there website saying it is a phishing site.

Great company. My goto place. Like a lot of small vendors, the supply chain is always something of a gamble. Anyone try to get a hoverboard? I would put some of the samll brewing equipment in the same catagory now. Order early!:ban:

All I got to say is make an account. You can track every purchase from your account and it works great. I have bought lots from Derin top notch quality and great customer service. I have never had an issue. Brewers Hardware keep doing what your doing.

Indeed, I agree that most of my interactions have been quite enjoyable and the products I have received have been of high quality. I personally do not subscribe to the idea that how one contacts a vendor determines if a response is received however. Truth be told, I will use this vendor again as I believe this incident was more likely a one off event but that doesn't change that fact that they did take money for products they never provided and repeatedly failed to communicate about it for four weeks when contacted by various people. This is the only time I have had to use the credit card company to get a refund for items not provided because I could not get any response from the seller. Sometimes, stuff just happens I guess.

I've ordered twice from them in the last three months. Quick, good prices, top quality stuff. Called them once with a question and spoke to someone who was very helpful answering a pretty obscure question. I'll use them again soon.

Anybody heard from them lately? Placed an order a month ago and nothing... Not responding to emails. I used PayPal and will have to get my $$$ back if I don't hear from them :(

This is one thing I noticed from their site
I went on usps website and waived the signature requirement because it was an extra 9 dollars or so for them to keep it at the post office.

SIGNATURE REQUIRED POLICY:

Orders with a pre-shipping value of $150 or more will ship with signature required, regardless of shipping method. When shipping to addresses with apartment numbers, the threshold is lowered to $100 due to higher likelihood of package thefts. We understand that this often causes inconvenience when you cannot be home to accept packages. Please consider shipping to your place of business or a neighbor's house if that works out better. Why would we make your life harder? When a box is dropped on a porch and later stolen, the customer expects the shipper (us) to take accountability and reship the order. That's a direct loss for us and it's not something we can absorb and still keep prices as low as possible.

Wow I must be lucky. I have placed many orders to Derrin's company over the last five years. Many tri clover fittings, clamps, a sight glass, several tri clamp ball valves, tees, elbows, a fermenter thermowell, his awesome handmade stir plate, even some tubing. I have dropped a small fortune (at least to me that tri clover stuff is not cheap) over those years over there, and I have to say I always received my orders in a timely fashion. I even emailed him a couple of times about a special fitting I wanted to have made, and one other time about a measurement on a tri clover fitting. Both times he answered me the next day. He has very high quality items and I have never been disappointed with anything I have ordered from him. I hope you get your items soon.......

John

This is one thing I noticed from their site
I went on usps website and waived the signature requirement because it was an extra 9 dollars or so for them to keep it at the post office.

SIGNATURE REQUIRED POLICY:

Orders with a pre-shipping value of $150 or more will ship with signature required, regardless of shipping method. When shipping to addresses with apartment numbers, the threshold is lowered to $100 due to higher likelihood of package thefts. We understand that this often causes inconvenience when you cannot be home to accept packages. Please consider shipping to your place of business or a neighbor's house if that works out better. Why would we make your life harder? When a box is dropped on a porch and later stolen, the customer expects the shipper (us) to take accountability and reship the order. That's a direct loss for us and it's not something we can absorb and still keep prices as low as possible.

No offense sir but this text is from my shop and we are not brewers hardware.

Bobby_M - my apologizes and no offense taken. But I did order from you and receive my shipment quickly. I recommend you. I remember seeing somewhere about a guy complaining about shipping and it was at the post office all along, so I mentioned about the signature requirement.

Why do people not pick up the phone? Just call them and you'll get an immediate answer.

Same reason people won't call me on my craigslist ads... only text and email!!

I call brewers hardware and it works out great. They answer technical BCS questions when I was setting up my BCS. I have called about backstock items and they tell me to just put a note in the purchase to ship things as available. Sometimes I get multiple packages as things come back in stock. Everything in stock is at my house in a couple days over here in AZ.

I love this company and will keep spending money with them!

Bobby_M - my apologizes and no offense taken. But I did order from you and receive my shipment quickly. I recommend you. I remember seeing somewhere about a guy complaining about shipping and it was at the post office all along, so I mentioned about the signature requirement.

I have requested to not have the signature requirement from Brew Hardware and was obliged. My packages from the post office are delivered in one of those community mail boxes with parcel lockers on them. I can understand why it's standard practice, though.

Brew Hardware is awesome and it's my go-to spot for pumps, fittings, tubing, valves, etc. Love ya Bobby_M!

I placed an order on the 13th but it didn't ship till the 16th. However, I didn't receive the item until the 26th. I sent an email on the 22nd and another from their site on the 23rd. I still have not received a response from my email on the 22nd but did from mine on the 23rd.

Really unimpressed with service and communication. While products are good, I can't recommend customer service experience.

Back