More of a dispensing question....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyGunn

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm not sure if I ever introduced myself properly...and I know this isn't the place for it...but I'll be quick. My name is Jon. And I love beer. And I live in Edmonton, Alberta. Quite possibly the coldest place on Earth this morning (-35 C)!!

My question is this: what do you guys use to connect your gas lines to your kegs/corny kegs? And more specifically, what do you use to easily and quickly swap out pin and ball lock quick disconnects and your sankeys?

Right now I'm using about 8" of tubing on each of my quick disconnects. On my beer line I'm using John Guest fittings....but the gas side has a brass union that I need to tighten with a wrench every time I change keg types and that brass nut on the quick disconnects is already getting pretty ragged. My problem is that I don't want to use a wrench to attach my gas when I change beers.

What do you use?

Thanks in advance!

I thought about that...I just thought about it a little too late though! haha! I already have all my QD's...so I was hoping for a simple DIY from the hardware store kind of solution. A guy on another forum mentioned push to connect fittings...so I'm looking into that.

Just wrapping up loose ends on updates I haven't done in a while!

I finally went the quick disconnect route with my air lines! So much easier! Just don't forget the teflon tape or you'll be making an early trip to your local CO2 refill place.

Back