Tri-clamp/tri-clover SS quick disconnects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nostalgia

Reaction score
I decided to go with the tri-clamp fittings for the quick disconnects on my brew rig. They're unisex (I can connect any fitting to any other), heavy-duty, stainless steel, easily sanitized, and I can easily replace the gaskets if necessary.

I found an Ebay vendor who had a good price, but then I found Swagman right here on HBT. Always happy to support our members instead of ordering from China, I ordered up 3 sets. They arrived quickly and in good order (no thanks to me leaving them out on the porch over the weekend). Even better, his price was several dollars cheaper than aforementioned Ebay vendor.

Two words: Bad. Ass. The welding is superb, and the machining is beautiful.

Enough of my jawing. Here are the pictures! No action shots yet, as I'm still waiting on tubing. Patience, Grasshopper.

triclamp1.jpg

triclamp2.jpg

triclamp3.jpg

triclamp4.jpg

triclamp5.jpg

-Joe

I found an Ebay vendor who had a good price, but then I found Swagman right here on HBT.
His work is great.

Just some info.
Depending on your application the seal you are using may not be the best choice.
The seal pictured is for 1.5" fittings.
As long you disassemble the fittings after every use you may not have any problems, CIP cleaning will not work very well.
The problem you can encounter is grain or hops buildup between the fittings.

I do CIP (clean in place) cleaning.
Below are some pics showing what I use.
Seal for 1" fittings
Tri_Clamp_1in.jpg

1.5"-3" seal and fitting
Tri_Clamp15in.jpg

Stay in place seal, wont fall.
100_5447.jpg

Standard seal & stay in place
100_5448.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

+1!

Swag hooked me up very graciously w/ some miscellaneous parts...for free no less. I believe his manufacturing is top notch, and not profit driven. More of a "busy hands are happy hands", business model.

Swagman has done some spectacular work with those fittings. Coincedentally, I finally found a source I think will be able to supply consistent material and so I've offered a similar product on stirplates.com. Out of respect for what Swagman has introduced here, I am only offering them with a 1/2" MPT and 1/2" hose barb package and do not offer FPT fittings. But if you're looking for those fittings, I think I have a pretty nice product including a clamp and PTFE gasket in case the fitting is in the heat wash of a gas-fired brewery.

Quite frankly, Swagman is a much more experienced welder than I am and it shows in his work, but I think I still make a damn nice piece.

Went crazy buying equipment today. I'm giving up my carboys and racking cane (and sucking to start siphons). Stainless conicals and tri clover fittings from now on. Just ordered 6 of Derrin's clamps. Thanks to Derrin and Swagman for making these things available.

Back