Just Relocated

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejuanald

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just relocated from New Mexico to New Jersey (North Brunswick/New Brunswick area to be exact). New Mexico had been up and coming with a lot of great local breweries (La Cumbre, Marble, Chama River, Il Vicino, Turtle Mountain, Santa Fe Brewing, etc.) and now that I'm in New Jersey I want to find some great breweries and brewpubs to check out in my area. I've already found a homebrew shop that is like mile from my apartment, love2brew, so that's awesome.

Any ideas of some nice brewpubs and breweries to check out in the general area? I like Maloney's a lot in Matawan, but it's a decent drive to get there. Even any great beer bars in Manhattan would work (I'm already liking the Ginger Man and Rattle n Hum). Thanks!

If this isn't the right forum to post this, please let me know!

There are 3 brewpubs that are about 20 miles from New Brunswick, Harvest Moon in New Brunswick, JJ Bittings in Woodbridge and Triumph in Princeton. Unfortunately, the area is largely devoid of breweries. You can make a day trip to a few, Carton and Kane are prett close to each other and probably about a 45 minute to an hour drive away,

Love2Brew is a great shop. Ordered their kits and many other things from them. If you buy ingredients from there they don't charge you sales tax either.

For bars in the area, I love Maloney's, I go there a lot because it's midway between where I live and my brother lives. I also enjoy George St. Ale House in New Brunswick. I'm sure there are other places I'm forgetting.

Also it may not be worth it this year, but for 20 bucks you can become a member of NJCB and get discounts at various bars (such as Maloneys or George St) and not to mention 5% and Love2Brew. I'm trying to save just 20 bucks in home brew supplies. I'm getting close.

There are 3 brewpubs that are about 20 miles from New Brunswick, Harvest Moon in New Brunswick, JJ Bittings in Woodbridge and Triumph in Princeton. Unfortunately, the area is largely devoid of breweries. You can make a day trip to a few, Carton and Kane are prett close to each other and probably about a 45 minute to an hour drive away,

Love2Brew is a great shop. Ordered their kits and many other things from them. If you buy ingredients from there they don't charge you sales tax either.

For bars in the area, I love Maloney's, I go there a lot because it's midway between where I live and my brother lives. I also enjoy George St. Ale House in New Brunswick. I'm sure there are other places I'm forgetting.

Also it may not be worth it this year, but for 20 bucks you can become a member of NJCB and get discounts at various bars (such as Maloneys or George St) and not to mention 5% and Love2Brew. I'm trying to save just 20 bucks in home brew supplies. I'm getting close.

Awesome, thanks for the info! I will definitely check out some of those places and look more into NJCB! That sounds interesting

Welcome to NJ! hoppyhoppyhippo covered most of the places in the area. One other bar in New Brunswick that comes to mind is Old Bay. When I've gone there in the past, they've had a very good tap list.

NJCB has already paid for itself. I've saved more than $50 already from bars/restaurants, bottle shops and love2brew. You can find out more info at http://newjerseycraftbeer.com/

Welcome to NJ! hoppyhoppyhippo covered most of the places in the area. One other bar in New Brunswick that comes to mind is Old Bay. When I've gone there in the past, they've had a very good tap list.

NJCB has already paid for itself. I've saved more than $50 already from bars/restaurants, bottle shops and love2brew. You can find out more info at http://newjerseycraftbeer.com/

Gustos in East Brunswick is a pretty good bar. The also have a NJCB discount.

Hey all,

I just relocated from New Mexico to New Jersey (North Brunswick/New Brunswick area to be exact). New Mexico had been up and coming with a lot of great local breweries (La Cumbre, Marble, Chama River, Il Vicino, Turtle Mountain, Santa Fe Brewing, etc.) and now that I'm in New Jersey I want to find some great breweries and brewpubs to check out in my area. I've already found a homebrew shop that is like mile from my apartment, love2brew, so that's awesome.

Any ideas of some nice brewpubs and breweries to check out in the general area? I like Maloney's a lot in Matawan, but it's a decent drive to get there. Even any great beer bars in Manhattan would work (I'm already liking the Ginger Man and Rattle n Hum). Thanks!

If this isn't the right forum to post this, please let me know!

NJCB is the way to go. Breweries: Carton, Kane, River Horse, Cricket Hill, Ramstein, Flying Fish, just to name a few. Some would be 45-60 minutes away. Good luck and welcome!

Back