Just started my fist batch yesterday evening...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tblake2

Reaction score
This is my fist batch ever. The True Brew kit I purchased from my home brew shop was listed as a two stage. The kit included a glass carboy and a bottling bucket. The shop owner suggested my doing the 1st stage in the bottling bucket which made sense. My problem now is....I checked it this morning and there are a few drops of wort coming from around the spigot(which I was worried about). And yes I DID make sure it was plenty tight before I added the wort. Should I transfer it into the glass carboy?? Any suggestions would be awesome!!!

Tim

This is my fist batch ever. The True Brew kit I purchased from my home brew shop was listed as a two stage. The kit included a glass carboy and a bottling bucket. The shop owner suggested my doing the 1st stage in the bottling bucket which made sense. My problem now is....I checked it this morning and there are a few drops of wort coming from around the spigot(which I was worried about). And yes I DID make sure it was plenty tight before I added the wort. Should I transfer it into the glass carboy?? Any suggestions would be awesome!!!

Tim

How long has it been in the fermenter? If it's been less than a week or 10 days, don't move it yet. Just put something under the leak, if it's making a little bit of a mess.

It has been in the bucket for about 26 hrs now. My main concern is that that all may get into the spot where it is dripping. Thanks for any advice!!

Back